Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default My BIGGEST NCL Pet Peeve!

I just remembered my biggest pet peeve with NCL from talking to my daughter. I ALWAY buy at least 3 or 4 of the professional pictures onboard. I bought NOTHING this cruise! The reason........NCL imprints a watermark on their pictures now that reads "Ocean Images" all over the picture if you try to scan it! I scan all of my pictures to put on my webpage, or just to keep as a video photo album. Very rarely do I take out hard copy pictures and look at them, but I tend to look at my computer pictures all the time, and send the via e-mail the same way. NCL lost quite a few costumers by doing this!

Sorry to rant!!
Jaime
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: My BIGGEST NCL Pet Peeve!

I would not be surprised if other lines do the same thing soon.

Old April 14th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jaime,
First I've heard of this practice, can you actually see the mark without scanning it? I did just buy quite a few pics on my last Princess cruise and don't see anything like that. I think what bothers me about this practice is that you already bought and paid for the pic, so if you want to scan them, they already got their money, right? Am I missing something here, would sure make me not buy them either!

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 14th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Donna!
Thay have a scanned picture as an example! It says "Ocean Images" about 8 times, outlines across the entire picture. You can't see it on the originals......we looked! I didn't buy any to find out if it was real or not, but was tempted too, just to post here. NCL won't get any extra money from me for pictures!!

Take Care!
Jaime
Old April 15th, 2002, 10:25 AM
First Mate

That is awfully sneaky of NCL!!

Princess had Princess Cruises printed on the bottom of the photos in 2001, but not in 2002. I wanted to make copies of the ones I bought last year and someone told me that the name printed on the bottom meant they were copyrighted and you couldn't make more copies. True?? I don't know, I didn't try. But I ended up scanning them successfully, though. It's just that the quality doesn't seem quite as good as reprints. Prices have gone up again for photos. I'm pretty sure we paid $7.50 in 2001, now they are $9.95 each!! Formals are $20.95 or $21.95.

But here's a tip: Princess will give each person a voucher for 1 casual photo if you pre-register on line. I also took digital pics (close-up setting) of the ones that I didn't buy because they wern't really good, but wanted anyway. I'll let you know if they turned out once we download the photos. Just got back yesterday, and haven't had a chance yet. Gloria