Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2002, 10:39 PM
First Mate

Default I Did It- Booked Another Cruise!

I can't believe it. I am truely addicted. We just booked the Grand Princess for October 20, 2002, 7 days (Princess Cays, Grand Cayman, Majahual, Cozumel) Am I allowed to talk about the absolutely fantastic pricing we found? Holy cow.

Since I've only cruised the Carnival Spirit (3/27) I'm still a novice here - but for a catagory BB room with a balcony this cruise priced out less than what we just spent on the Spirit.

We drove to Miami for the last one. This will be our first experience flying to depart- and we booked it on line instead of through the travel agent. We're booking our flights separate- not through Princess, as we've also found some great fares from Newark to Fort Lauderdale.

I'm so excited I think I'm going to jump out of my skin (lol).

Any advice or feedback - negative or positive about Princess, the Grand, these ports, personal choice dining, timing flights with embarkation-debarkation etc... will be devoured with appreciation!

Thank you all for turning me into a cruise addict!!

I'm praying this will be a calm hurricane season <g> and we are blessed with good weather.

We're also doing the Carnival Triumph Cruise to Nowhere 2 day from NYC in June- with the kids to celebrate birthdays and a HS graduation. I expect this one to be a chaotic fiasco - but a fun weekend with our teens. How did this happen to me? I feel like I suddenly live to cruise- lol!!

Now all I need is one of those countdown clocks!
I feel like I'm babbling- lol

Happy Cruising!
deja
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: I Did It- Booked Another Cruise!

deja -

I know exactly what you mean - one cruise and most people are addicted. I sailed the first time in Feb 1995 and sailed 3 more times within the first year. I booked each within a week of returning from previous cruise. Then I graduated, and had to go to work so cruises are about once a year, twice if lucky. I hope you enjoy the Grand Princess, I have only sailed CCL so I don't know any advice/info to give you.

Jodi
2 weeks until the "Spirit Moves Me" to Hawaii....
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Passenger

I'm with you!! I have been on 2 cruises in the past year and a half and have the next one booked Nov.18/02 on the Legend.

And guess what? I booked 2 more last week! One in March 2003 and one in Nov.2003.

I'm hooked too! I now have a purpose when I go to work - to finance my next cruise(s)!
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Admiral

I have sailed the Grand 2x - just returning last week and I love the ship.

I think you will also enjoy it.

As far as the price - October is "during hurricane season" so the prices are considerably lower then March which is one of the peak months for cruising - thus your great price.

As far as flying in - I always fly in the day before! It makes the cruise experience less stressful. With all the weird things happening in the air industry today - people breaching security and all flights from an airport delayed several hours, etc. . I wouldn't chance flying in the day before.

Besides, if you fly in the day before - you can be one of the first one the ship and enjoy it while it is empty!

Theresa
Old April 18th, 2002, 11:10 PM
First Mate

Wow! I'm soooooo excited for you. Yes, yet another one of us is born. I'm so jealous as I have yet to figure out what cruise to embark on next Spring/ Summer. Enjoy!

Old April 18th, 2002, 11:35 PM
First Mate

Thank you everyone

Theresa- I saw your pictures, they are great! I was actually looking at them before I booked, trying to get some information on The Grand.

I'm so glad to be among other passionate addicts!! My family thinks I've gone off the deep end- lol!

After what seems like a lifetime raising children and caring for others it's great to finally find a way to treat myself - and justify it in ways I never allowed myself to!

It's just plain exciting - I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

Uconn- I loved the Spirit, and cruising to Hawaii is one I would love to do someday. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!!

diverkym- if you can make yourself teeny-tiny I can pack you in a carry on and take you with us! lol!

Happy Cruising.
deja
Old April 19th, 2002, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: I Did It- Booked Another Cruise!

Showoff! lol........Thats great.....Deb and I are addicted too.

Old April 19th, 2002, 04:52 AM
First Mate

As are we!! (addicted, that is) I may be able to help you with excursions, as we just got back 4/14.

Gloria
Old April 19th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Admiral

Deja, welcome to the fanatical family of cruisers. COME here to talk cruising, and spare your friends and family. I have been forbidden to mention the C word more than once every 5 minutes in my household. : )

Congratulations on the booking. You will be sailing on my son's birthday, therefore I think that I should be along to help you celebrate. Do you see how the fanatical mind works? lol
Old April 19th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Congrats on the Grand booking and welcome!

Old April 19th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Deja, I was tickled to death when I read your note. Same thing happened to me -- took my first in October 2000 and then took 3 in 2001and am already up to 2 for this year.

Princess was great (last one I did). Read my review of the Sea Princess for a feel of Princess.

*And* be sure and do express check-in at the Princess web site!!!

Harry
Old April 19th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Congratulations on the booking and welcome to the club!! I just booked two in the last two days, my TA just loves me.