Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Passenger

Default This Was the Worst Ever

I had my LASIK eye surgery. It was the worst that I have ever been through. For the amount of money I paid you think they would have better been organized.

Three weeks before my surgery, I had to go get my eyes rechecked. Why would I have to do that again when they were checked and qualified 9 months earlier but I backed out of doing it then because I didnít do last July. I told them it would be the same and they didnít have to dilate my eyes. No they had to do it again and my wife had to take the day off. Did they compensate me for missing work again for a second time. Heck no! Of course my eyes hadnít changed. I told them. What a joke.

Day of surgery came and I was suppose to get there at 9 AM. I was had to have my contacts out 3 days before the surgery. How ridicules what am I suppose to do wear glasses. The night before I have to put one drop of an antibiotic drops in each eye the night before and the day of the surgery. I get there at 9 AM and they take me back and ask me questions that I have already answered on their questionnaire form. What a waste of time. They then want me to pay before the surgery but they cannot guarantee the results. Can you believe that? I asked them if I wasnít happy would I get a refund, a cabin credit? They just stared at me! What kind of customer service is that!

I then go back and wait 20 minutes to see the surgeon before the operation! Can you believe it! Why would it take 20 minutes, Iím a LASIK club member with pre-surgery privileges. Finally, the surgeon shows up and takes a 10 second look and says any question. Well, if I had any I wouldnít be here for the surgery. Stop wasting my time. I still think I should get a pre-op, on board credit.

Well you then go into this room with a bunch of us waiting at the customer service pre-op preparation. They make you put on these stupid footies and hat because you have to dress that way for surgery. I asked if I could just wear jeans and a tee shirt in to the surgery even though it says clearly I have to dress this way. I tell them I want to talk to surgery hotel manager. They say he is busy elsewhere. They then make you take this pill and let me tell you it was way over cooked and tough! Then numbing drops in my eye, but it was instant drops and not fresh brewed drops. It was terrible. I canít believe I am here and paying for this.

You then end up sitting another 40 minutes while you wait on others. This free-style surgery really sucks. Finally, my name is called and I go in. More drops. You would think they should know how many drops you need the first time! Six minutes later it was done. Can you believe that! For what I paid, it should have taken an hour and we should have got the complete city tour! Next time, I am booking and doing the surgery myself.

Post-op embarkation was ridiculous. I was given a number and told I would be out in 10 minutes. It took 15 minutes! I canít believe it. I will never ever sail, I mean have surgery here. Isnít this the worst you have every heard or what!

I have called and ask for a refund and a $3000 cabin credit the next time I sail with that firm!
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: This Was the Worst Ever

! John, you crack me up! Did you forget to post this in the gripes forum where it belongs? I can't stop laughing! By the way, I'm glad it went so well for you!
jennifer
Old April 29th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Admiral

And did you get the surgery cancellation insurance in case your wife couldn't take the day off work ???
Old April 29th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

!!

Old April 29th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Too funny!! I hope you are seeing well today.

Old April 29th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Yeoman

Funny...............my husband had the eye surgery. He did not take me with him to talk to the Doctor before hand. Well, the next day he went blind.........he was scared sh--less.
Evidently, he needed to apply the no tears drops and this ointment more often. The extreme blurriness is part of the healing process. His vision is fine and no longer needs his glasses. The moral of this story is........take your wife with you to ask pertinet questions () By the way, are you SEAing clearly?

Cheryl