Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2002, 04:41 PM
First Mate

Default Poll of the day: Favorite photo backdrop?

Do you purchase port disembarkment, dinner shots, or formals? What's your favorite backdrop: sunset, ship, canvas, stairwell, black and white, etc.

I rarely purchase the "theme shots" though I did get the family shot with the leprechaun on our St. Patty's Day cruise this year. Favorite backdrop: sunset or the ship. Plus, we alway buy one disembarkment ship, just because! We even have one port with a leap year date (my husband thought it was swell).

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Poll of the day: Favorite photo backdrop?

We NEVER buy them unless we like the way we look in the photos. Most of the good ones we've seen (and bought) were taken when we disembarked for port days. We've bought several group photos taken at dinner on formal night, but other than those, it's rare that we buy any at all. We did buy one "pirate" photo one time when I scared the "pirate." What a hoot that waw! We refuse to stand in line for a formal "portrait" on a ship. Usually, we take better ones of our friends, and they usually take better ones of us.
Old April 29th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Admiral

We buy at least one 8x10 and one 5x7. I like the ship/ocean backdrop. The 5x7 is usually the dinner photo. That is our momento of our dining companions. We usually get them to sign the photo holder so we can remember their names in years to come. Even our waiters sign them!

Old April 29th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I have bought one or two each cruise - usually one port debarkation photo with the ship and date on it, and maybe one other. I did get one formal portrait of me, and I gave it to my Dad and he really enjoyed it (I absolutely hate getting my picture taken, but my Dad wanted a nice pic of me, so I bit the bullet - and it really did turn out nice! The flower arrangement in the pic matched the color of the dress I was wearing.)

Old April 29th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was on Enchantment Of the Seas on St. Pats day...what ship were you on.
Mary Margaret
Old April 29th, 2002, 08:30 PM
susancruzs

It depends on my mood at the moment. I bought one last fall on the Royal Princess with the infamous stairway backdrop only because everyone was commenting on it.

Same thing happened to me on my Costa Cruise in March, my table companions practically dragged me to the photo area to buy my photo. I should have made them buy it if they liked it so much!

I think the smile does it! I'm always smiling when I'm cruising then I take the pictures to work and they say, how come you don't look that happy at work!!! Sue
Old April 29th, 2002, 10:24 PM
First Mate

Mary Margaret: Carnials' Pride- tons of fun!

Susan: I bet you smile even when you are NOT on a cruise (smile).

Old April 30th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

So far I have always botten the boarding photo and at least one port day photo and the group dining shot. Hey Tom, how about sharing that Scared Pirate shot with us!

Old April 30th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

We only buy the ones that look good to us. I hate to spend that much money for a picture that is not flattering. Divetex I do remember that picture, too funny.

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default poll of the day: Favorite photo backdrop

Do you purchase port disembarkment, dinner shots, or formals? What's your favorite backdrop: sunset, ship, canvas, stairwell, black and white, etc.

I rarely purchase the "theme shots" though I did get the family shot with the leprechaun on our St. Patty's Day cruise this year. Favorite backdrop: sunset or the ship. Plus, we alway buy one disembarkment ship, just because! We even have one port with a leap year date (my husband thought it was swell).

DiverKym- stranded in Iowa, not "getting lei'd" (heavy sigh)