Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Admiral

Default OT - "The safe area where I live"

I never thought this would happen in Nebraska. Maybe on the east coast but in Nebraska?

We had a total of 7 pipe bombs found in mail boxes in Nebraska this weekend with 1 being about 40 miles from where I live. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Now - INDEFINIITELY- everyone who has a curb side mail box must either remove the door to their mailbox or find a way to keep it suspended open at all times! This is a state wide policy! Otherwise, postal workers will not deliver your mail.

There are a few exceptions such as those mail boxes that are in clusters and use a key to open them etc. . . .

I thought I lived in a safe area. People move here because it is supposedly a good place to "raise a family".

Hopefully this is just an inconvenience that will go away soon.
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Admiral

Default Re: OT - "The safe area where I live"

We are also not allowed to put mail in our mail box. We must drop it off at a mail drop at the post office, grocery store, etc. . .
Old May 6th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the information Theresa, but so sorry to hear it. Glad no one was hurt. It's a sad world we live in, and that story is a harsh reminder.
Old May 6th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Theresa,

I heard this on the news, and I was horrified! I know what you mean about feeling safe. I think those innocent days are long gone for everyone.

I also always felt that I lived in a safe area, and always felt comfortable about my daughter coming home alone after school. Now she is grown and gone, and we have had several thefts here at our condos in the last few years. This morning I went out to bring in the newspaper and Jose's bicycle isn't where it normally is. I came in and woke him up to ask him where he put it. It seems that it, too, has been stolen.

Things have definitely changed, everywhere.
Old May 6th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Unfortunately, this is a commentary on the world as we now know it. I am truely sorry that it has hit your part of the world, but now you know how we feel. Just think, Camp David is only 20 minutes from my house, I work just outside DC. Everytime I hear jets overhead, I cringe.
Old May 6th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Sorry Theresa...it is not comforting for any of us to know that we are soooo vulnerable. Scary!