Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Default Ideal Vacation?

Okay, I agree, the boards are very QUIET with all the folks cruising Hawaii. So let's liven them up a little, huh? If you could go on any cruise at all, what would it be and why? Okay, it doesn't even have to be a cruise......any destination.....any form of transportation. Everyone who knows me, knows I live to cruise. But, I saw something today that I obsolutely have to do before I die. I want to take a vacation on the American Orient Express. There a few different routes....the most intriging to me is the Pacific Coast. When I win the lottery, this is one of the first things I'm going to do. So how about you folks, what is your ideal vacation?

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Re: Ideal Vacation?

Ok kiddo....lets get this party started.......My lottery winnings will be to buy an apartment on the Residensea...The idea of just going to your 2nd home at will, is for me like dying and going to heaven..To wake up at the Olympics in Greece, or the Canne Film festival, and just walking off the ship right into the activities is goose pimple stuff....Also, if i could pick the perfect itinerary, it would be to float from Australia/New Zeland. Hong Kong/ SIngapore and on to French Polynisia.....Wanna come along?

Trip/ Friday Chat Host
Old May 18th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Ideal Vacation?

I'd love to come along, Trip.....already packing my bags......but, I guess that isn't necessary...we'll just buy everything we need when we get there!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 18th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Trip, I think it will be hard to out do you. That sounds perfect to me. I'll see you there.
Next to cruising so far my most favorite place to be is visiting Cape Cod where I grew up. The Cape just holds a special place in my heart. Phyll
Old May 18th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Admiral

World Cruise !!!!
Don't care where it goes....ports are the priority, but the ship would have to be a large one and a Princess one.

Old May 18th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

My wife and I would love to take a cruise that is the last of the Alaska season and then do a back to back and stay with the same ship as it repositions back into the Caribbean. That would work for both of us - she loves the hot weather and I'm more of a cool weather person...lol. Maybe someday One dream vacation/break that I finally started taking 2 years ago was my dream of taking solo 7-10 day trout fishing trips around the USA.....each year a different location. I'm not that great a fisherman, but it makes a great excuse for seeing some beautiful country, refreshing the spirit and taking some long and peaceful hikes. Last year was MO, this year either Colorado or Tennessee.
Old May 18th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'm with you girls, we'll just buy a cabin on REsidensea and cruise the world!! Lets hope I have the winning ticket??? I do have to add Tahiti to the list, just one of the places I just have to see someday.

Hey, its nice to dream, isn't it?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 19th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Yeoman

Hi: I too like the idea of Tahiti. I would like to find the alusive island where you have enough amenities to be comfortable but without the usual tourist atractions. i.e. secluded but safe and comfortable. Unlimited supply of fine wine and Coronas. Want my bedroom to open up to the ocean so I can hear the waves, especially at night. Want a hammock just off the bedroom. Palm trees....lots and lots of palm trees. No telephone or computer......... sigh.
Old May 21st, 2002, 06:51 AM
Shan Rose

MY IDEAL CRUISE WOULD BE TO GO TO THE MEDITERRANEAN. THE NEXT WOULD BE TO CRUISE THE ISLANDS OF HAWAII