Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2002, 07:40 PM
lovecruis'n

Default seasick after the cruise?

Hi,

I'm a first timer to this boad. I'm wondering if anyone of you out there has ever had this happen to them. In '82 I cruised the RCCL, Song of Norway, a beautiful ship, for a seven day Eastern Carribean cruise. While at sea, I was fine, even while visiting all the ports. The strange thing, though, is when I got off the ship and was home again, I felt nauseus, and had to go to bed for a day or two. I thought that was strange, had never heard of this happening to anyone. Any input on this? I'm cruising again mid June on HAL, and sure hope this doesn't happen again.
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: seasick after the cruise?

Hi Love,
I have actually heard of that happening, not often though. I think your body had to adjust to being back on land, just took a day or 2. Hopefully this won't happen again, good luck and enjoy the cruise.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 19th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to tinytim

I just walk weird for a few days. Dunno what the solution is to post-cruise sickness?
Old May 19th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hopefully it was just a one time occurance for you, but it does happen to a rare few - I've heard of it as well. I'm fortunate to have a cast iron stomache and have handled the roughest of seas with zero problems. After the cruise is another story - I walk like a drunk for a SOLID week, not just a day or two.... Hope you have a nice cruise and no postcruise problems.
Old May 19th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Cheri Tipton

HI, I love to cruise but I usually come back home and get a middle ear infection and walk into walls and such. I always get meds as soon as I get home. But, it is worth every wall I walk into!
Old May 20th, 2002, 02:26 AM
First Mate

Hi Love,

I also went on a fabulous cruise 2 years ago & was VERY ill when I came home..I had a cold during our cruise but still went scuba diving in Cozumel...I had come too far & spent too much NOT to go diving! So I took extra cold med & had a wonderful time...but got a very bad infection when I got home....BUT as Cheri said, it was worth every beautiful moment of it, and I would have done it again!

Happy Cruising!
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Mike, thanks so much for the information about Mal Debarkment! My partner always thinks I'm making it up, as I stumble about the house for a couple days.

However, my most chronic ailment is PCD. Perhaps we could start a support group -- or maybe that's what Cruisemates is all about :-)

Harry
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Passenger

This happens to me also. I've been on three cruises and it's happened every time.
When we get off the ship to go into port, I have no problem. But, when we finish the
cruise and I'm off the ship for several hours, I get very dizzy and lightheaded. I have
tried taking the seasick pills afterwards. It does not help. The only thing that helps me
is that it goes away eventually with time.
Old May 20th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Yeoman

I am just getting over it from our cruise on the Destiny. We got off on 5/12 and I have it for a good week. I have vertigo (a balance problem) which makes the problem worse. I had to go to my doctor this time and got some mezcline (sp?) and that really helped. I couldn't (didn't feel safe driving) for 2 days because of the severe dizziness and spinning.

I never get sick on the boat just when I get back on land. Must mean I need to cruise more