Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2002, 12:52 AM
Admiral

Default No Rain, No Rainbows

Back in the cage after a fabulous two weeks. All resident cats present and accounted for (four). Six suitcases are in the front hall being ignored.

I should probably e-mail Paul to ramp up server capacity ASAP ... I can't begin to imagine the band width's giant sucking sound as everyone starts posting reviews and photo galleries.

The debark day is always sad. I even got up at 6:mumble for breakfast to savor the last possible moments. Not a bad bus ride to the Vancouver airport. Then the computers went down. Lisa, smart girl, was at the head of the line and sailed through. We waited 45 minutes for the computers to come back up again. Good deal, the inbound was late so we made the flight with plenty of time.

Going through Canadian Customs, US Immigration, and what-all in Vancouver is a mare's nest. Especially when you have 6 bags, a laptop, a camera bag, and the GTB on the Smarte Carte.

A little (a lot for close connections) late coming into MSP where we said final goodbyes to Lisa then on to our connecting flight. Emptying pockets, opening and turning on cameras, turning on the laptop, late again. Broken airplane so we had plenty of time to buy a couple of books then wait a while longer. Slept most of the way to PHL.

Bags finally collected, we called the shuttle ... when Andy realized that our house and car keys were still in one of those little baskets at MSP. Understandable, he hadn't had anything but his sail & spend card in his pockets for 11 days. My keys were with the brother who had driven us to the airport. We sort of forgot to tell him to put them under the floormat of the Jeep.

I cast about for someone with a cellphone. A quick call to my brother (who takes no more kindly to being awakened than I do) to ask him to run over and unlock the house.

The rainforest has a Maui feel tonight. Open doors, babbling creek, swirling koi. But no poi !!!

And no room service.

Aloha

pamda
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: No Rain, No Rainbows

Happy to hear you and Queeg managed to make it home safe. Not all that surprising that things got left along the way, as I recall the last time I saw you, you'd lost Queeg and your cabin door key... and the tug o war <G>

We didn't run into the "late seating" crowd this morning, so its a good thing we said our Alohas yesterday.

I did hear a rumor when I got home that the ship had indeed survived the "horny" Get Lei'd " crowd with some dignity still in place.

Not ending in a foreign country this time was nice. I was off the ship at 8:30, at the airport before 9, and sitting in my cramped airline space by 10.
When they asked for the $10 airport improvement tax at the Vancouver airport, I was going to offer a swap of Get Lei'd shirt and antlers, but alas I had none left.

GREAT to finally meet you and Queeg, and of course all the other cruisemates folks. One night CA gave me permission to "not do anything he wouldn't do". Can't tell you the trouble I got in that night.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 25th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Welcome home Pamda! Can't wait to read your review.

Old May 25th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

HOME PAM!

Missed all you guys around here, glad to have you all back :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 25th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Welcome back Pamda, the gang has tried to maintain some sanity on these boards in your absence. But it didn't work.

We're just so glad we don't have to be envious anymore and the "Get Lei'd" cruisers will stop boasting of the upcoming trip. We'll allow a few days of reviews and photos then it's nitsky.

Now it's on to the Glacier Gala in August, huh?

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 25th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Pamda - I just must have gotten through the ticket line in Vancouver - I do recall that the ticket agent next to the one who was working with me called my agent over and said "Look at this...why is it doing that?" They mumbled to themselves, but I got through ok! I was wondering why you were so far behind me!

Old May 25th, 2002, 11:31 AM
susancruzs

Glad everyone is safe and sound! I left the ship way after Pam and Andy and was surprised to see them behind me in Vancouver! Glad you were able to make it! My trip home was uneventful and of course, the suitcases are still on my front porch.

I listened to voice mails last night and spent hours on the phone as VW is having a major shake up. While I was gone, lots has happened and of course, everyone is wondering if this will make me change my mind!!! Nope, still retiring!

Now about those suitcases. . . . . . more later! Susie
Old May 25th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Seabreez

Welcome back Pamda and all the rest of the "lei'rs" . Can't wait to view your pics
of the trip here on the boards. Sorry you left the keys, etc at the airport. I left my
prescription sunglases (I think) at the Puerto Rico airport last month. Have to admit,
they were rather old but still did the job. Slowly settle into the daily routine and
hope the post cruise blues lifts its ugly head from your shoulders fast.
Pat
Old May 25th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Palm Trees

This must have taken the Phlamingo Phrolic to the highest levels! We're sorry we missed it, too long, too far (for now). Although it can't be duplicated, maybe there will be a reasonable facsimile in the future! Welcome back and hope the PCD lifts quickly when the photos are organized.
Old May 25th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Get ready, Domanatrix, for PHROLIC 2003.

Phlamingos did the ploat and phrolic !!! Though our numbers were smaller, the energy level was high.

We inducted two new phlamingos, Jennifer and Jose, in the phold with a sacred and silly ceremony. I will let Jennifer tell that story.
Old May 25th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Admiral

AND gang, we did have a mini-phrolic in my cabin before the sailaway!
Old May 26th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Plus the phestivities on Divetex' and CruiseCam's balcony !!!