Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Thanks to a very participatory group!!

I have to offer a big THANK YOU to everyone who made the "Get Lei'd Cruise" such a wonderful success and such a GREAT cruise.

The huge numbers of people who participated in the "Kukiness" we planned was somewhat surprising in itself. But even more surprising, was how much they threw themselves and their creativity into the games.

Over 80 people in PJs on the stern deck for sail-a-way was wild enough. Then for the evening of the Ugly Aloha Shirt and Antler decorating contests, when they were challenged to wear these to the dining room and throughout the ship for the evening, and they all DID, I was blown away. ( The pics and stories will be up soon, I promise).

Each and every ODDvent the CruiseMates dove in, to make them fabulous EVENTS.

Those who deserve SPECIAL thanks
Divetex - for making all the numbers for both Team Pamda and Team Kuki, for the Tug-o-war event

Mermaid- for the name tags, and for the bag tags, and for the Trivia sheets ( some people are still looking for the answers). For organizing the "what ship am I?" game, and for helping out in every possible way!!

Pamda and Andy- for the Get Lei'd web site used so extensively pre-cruise, and for "taking care of" the late seating CruiseMates gang, (still not sure where all the late seaters disappeared after dinner) .... and for assisting in all the hosted ODDvents. (Queeg is a great course marshall) Also for organizing the ship building contest.

Linda Griggs- who made too cute "Get Lei'd " Door Magnets for everyone, as well as making the fabulous CruiseMates phone book.

Bill Powers- who gave us 15 minutes of his "comedy" routine during our Wild Kingdom Cocktail Party

Jeff & Rita- who joined the group just prior to the cruise, but who showed so much spirit, participating in a BIG way in every Kuki event along the way!!!!

Rix- who suggested the kite flying and convinced me that we'd be able to pull it off.

Robo- for helping so many people get their kites airborne.

Ron & Ferne Unger- who put together a video of this CruiseMates cruise, that will easily top any ship's video. The CMBC (CruiseMates Broadcasting Corporation microphone was a topper). ( We watched it the last day, and my sides hurt from laughing so much).

Donald Clark - our man on the ship interviewer for CMBC, and for being choir master for two seperate presenations of the theme from Gilligan's Island.

EVERYONE in the goup- for decorating not only their cabin door and balconies, but on many occassions themselves.

The Ass't Maitre d Dariusz Palczak- who gave me so much of his time on a busy embarkation day to sort out the entire CruiseMates list's dining assignments.

Sarah- The ship's Social Hostess, who visited both dinner seatings so often to see if there was anything she could do to help

Anne- The ship's Group Coordinator, who was always available and helpful. directing me to the right person to address our needs

Daniel Elias- The Hotel Manager- for his availibity, and his sense of humor tolerating our antics.. not to mention our kite flying<G>

Captain Panagiotakis- who had the final word on giving us the go ahead to fly kites off the stern of his ship, and who's ship now is part of the world record.

Apologies if I forgot anyone... the ship's still rocking.. but I wanted to get my thank you notes done <G>

Thanks to ALL.. This is going to be one tough cruise to beat, but I hope we'll die trying..

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links