Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2002, 08:34 AM
First Mate

Default Front Page review of Summit???

There is a review by Justine of Celebrity's Summit on the front page of Cruisemates as a featured article. In the review she states that Royal was far better experience. What cruiseline is she referring to? Royal Caribbean, Royal Olympic???

Help...jeff
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2002, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Front Page review of Summit???

Jeff.. it's a featured Member's Review so you could e-mail Justine to find out for sure, but my guess would be she's referring to Royal Caribbean.

I found some of the comments very interesting, since we were on the Summit right after, and we found the staff and service to be the ship's strongest point.

I've encouraged everyone on our group cruise on her last week to write and submit a review. Think it will be interesting to see how people on the same cruise can have different experiences. Just depends on what situations your run into I think.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 28th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Admiral

I agree Kuki, the crew and staff were extremely helpful for the most part. My cabin steward and waiter/ass't waiter were outstanding. I felt the production shows were good, with a dance troupe far exceeding the ones on the Mercury this past March.

So much of cruising is personal preference, such as the food, thoughts on entertainment, etc. On the elevator the other day on the Summit, a lady commented that she had to lose weight when she gets home. I commented that I didn't gain weight on Celebrity and she snipped back, "Then you aren't eating" and I commented back, that while I thought the food was good, I preferred Princess' food (I won't re-iterate her remark back to me or my subsequent response to her).

Cruising is such personal preference, I prefer Princess myself, but found the Summit to be an excellent experience.
Old May 28th, 2002, 08:37 PM
susancruzs

Just goes to show you! I was on the Royal Princess last fall and I thought the food on the Summit was better than Princess, in choice, presentation plus the deserts were much better. I'm sure if you took a poll within our group, you would get lots of varied opinions!!!

This being my first Celebrity Cruise, I was prepared for a little stand-offish crew and I was very pleasantly surprised. Everyone I talked to, walked by, observed seemed happy, friendly, willing to help out. Some of the reviews that say Celebrity has these rather reserved employees and I just didn't see it.

Two young men from the staff, one a dancer, one an assistant to the Cruise Director, went along on our snorkeling tour. They let us know right away they were from the ship, they were totally a part of our group and added to the fun. From then on anytime they saw me around the ship, they stopped to chat.

I've had two cruises where the staff didn't interact too much, one was Costa and the other was my last cruise on the Norway. I feel, if the crew is subdued, usually there is a reason and I just didn't see that on the Summit.
Old May 29th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Admiral

While in the elevator my wife overheard a couple of older women commenting that they will never sail Celebrity again and will return to Royal Caribbean because they didn't get all this rain while cruising with that line! <> I never knew that the cruiseline got to choose the weather!
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old May 30th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Passenger

I did notice we could get alot more people stuffed into an elevator at the beginning of the cruise than at the end so people must have enjoyed the food!