Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2002, 01:04 AM
Admiral

Default Alaska is coming along!

April and I played the "priceline roulette wheel" tonight and got the Renaissance in Vancouver for $45/night US. This is the same hotel we had booked at approximately $129 US/night. We are not sure if we will get a harbor view but if we don't - we still feel like we got an excellent deal!

We also booked whale watching through a private organization "Awesome Orca" in Juneau with Capt. Larry. Just got off the phone with Carol in their office and she seems wonderful. She was even helping me try to fit Mendenhall glacier in the same day. She offered to set everything up for $10 more a person! If anyone is interested - this is their website: http://www.alaskawhalewatching.com/

I had done a bunch of research and heard excellent things about Awesome Orca. They only allow 23 people per boat for their whalewatching and the Capt seems very knowledgable/experienced/impressive after reading his bio. Hopefully we will have lots of pictures!

Can't wait!
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2002, 08:16 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Alaska is coming along!

Theresa, Have a great cruise!! We will be looking forward to your review and photos!

Wish I were going, too!
Gloria
Old June 2nd, 2002, 08:47 AM
susancruzs

Sounds wonderful to me and I know you will have a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it and also about the Radiance!

Whale watching is super and going with a smaller group would be the way to go. I did that in New England last fall and it was absolutely awesome!

What room rate! I may try them for Miami in March! The nicer hoels want over $ 200 as that is their high season!

Enjoy that cruise! Susie
Old June 2nd, 2002, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Susie,

Definitely check out: www.biddingfortravel.com and then check out the Miami hotels and bids.

It tells you what hotels Priceline uses. One of the 4 star hotels they use near the pier is Miami Intercontinental near Bayside and it is an excellent hotel! I would stay there in a heart beat again. Next time I will use priceline for this method also.

Theresa
Old June 2nd, 2002, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Theresa,
Sounds like you got a great deal on the hotel. I too have written Capt. Larry about doing the whale watching in Juneau, please let me know how you liked it before I book it. Also looking into some fishing with him for the husband, figure he can fish while I do the whale watching???

Won't be long now, glad you are getting things together!!!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 2nd, 2002, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Glad to hear that you've found some good sites and great deals. We've done whale watching off Cape Cod, and our last time out saw quite a few whales and lots of breeching. It really is awesome to see. I would guess that in Alaska you will probably see a lot more. I'll be looking forward to reading all of your reports when you get back. Phyll
Old June 2nd, 2002, 04:10 PM
AUDREY

we stayed at that hotel last summer when we when to Alaska our TA got it for us it was very nice. It is a in a nice location. We took a cab to the port the next morning.
April was telling me about your trip when we sailed together on the Sea in Jan and it is almost here time flys by quickly
Old June 2nd, 2002, 05:26 PM
autocruise

We did Orca trip last july with capt Larry . Vary good trip highly recomended. Also did Costal hellocopter Great trip !