Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2002, 09:15 AM
First Mate

Default Today's Poll: What do you do to shake the "after cruis

The jet lag, the added weight, the reality that the next cruise is no longer only a single digit away. What do I do? Why, plan another trip of course!

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2002, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Today's Poll: What do you do to shake the "after c

We usually book another cruise, but that seldom helps the withdrawal much....particularly when the next one is 7 months away.
Old June 3rd, 2002, 09:46 AM
Yeoman

I thnak my luck stars that I was blessed with the ability and means to enjoy the cruise. Then, I settel in at home with the video I shot during the cruise and a cool refrshing glass of wine. Then....I start to plan the next cruise When I get anxious or depressed about anything.....I rewind the video tape and turn up the sound! Bob
Old June 3rd, 2002, 09:58 AM
Admiral

It's sort of like the song, "My Favorite Things." I go through my memory book of the great stuff, ignore stuff I don't want to remember (revisionist history) and, like Boomer, thank my lucky stars that I've had the privilege of so many cruises to so many sensational places on so many beautiful ships.

Old June 3rd, 2002, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I always say I am suffering from PCD (Post-Cruise Depression) ... it's a condition typified by missing eating 5 times a day, not being able to leave my towels on the bathroom floor and have the Martex Fairy bring me new ones, and wondering why we don't have dishes at home that are "infused" with anything.

I find writing a review helps matters, as well as helping future guests of the same ship with their questions.

Then, usually about 2 months later, I start cruising for cruise bargains again, and am usually booked within 4 months after departing the last cruise.

Heroin Harry
Old June 3rd, 2002, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Other then the above....I come to these boards and share thoughts of the next and memories of the past cruises with you all!

Old June 3rd, 2002, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Normally I would book a cruise, but this year, I have just suffered.
:O(

Old June 3rd, 2002, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Well....at least we have one on hold.....maybe the blues will go away when we actually get one booked!

Old June 3rd, 2002, 02:39 PM
First Mate

I also do not get the "after cruise blues", I think I would only get that if my cruise were cancelled! I feel very lucky that my husband & I are able to enjoy such nice vacations. I look over our pictures, videos, souvenirs, think of the wonderful time we had, there's no way I could have the blues! We usually "only" cruise once every two years, so maybe we appreciate it more!

Happy Cruising!
Old June 3rd, 2002, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Cruise Blues? I suffer more from what I call Cruise Fog. I float slowly back into reality....

Oh, there's dishes in the sink? But my manicure...

Dinner? Grocery Store? Cooking? Nah...I wean myself by eating out....

Low fuel light...What is that? You mean I have to go to the gas station...

Work-paycheck-work-paycheck-work-paycheck...Is this going somewhere? Yes, NEXT cruise! So work-paycheck-work-paycheck...
Old June 3rd, 2002, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Oh can I identify with THAT Merm......Don keeps asking me when I plan on going to the grocery store ...... he doens't seem to understand NEVER! I am just trying to get all of my photos organized.....who needs to eat.....lost 4 more lbs. since getting home .....down 7 from when I left for Honolulu... nothing wrong with an empty fridge....if it's not in there, it doesn't go on my hips!!!

Old June 3rd, 2002, 04:21 PM
Passenger

Book another one!

Old June 3rd, 2002, 06:12 PM
susancruzs

I book another cruise, and I did just that, except as Divitex says, it is too far away as in 9 months! Still it helps me beat the PCD.

Love that refrigerator story! My sister and brother-in-law from Iowa stopped by on their way through town this weekend! She wants something like ice water or ice tea and is totally shocked when she looks in the frig! Haven't you been home a week??? What do you eat, there is nothing in here!!!

(Big shock, I'm single remember only myself to worry about, now why would I cook???) We had a good laugh and went down to the lake front to watch the sail boats and to eat on the pier at Dockside Dogs!!! I love my sisters very much but they just don't get it!!!
Old June 4th, 2002, 02:53 AM
First Mate

...the biggest hangover we have from a cruise is trying to remember to pay at the restaurant before we leave!! You can develop some habits whilst being on a ship!
Old June 4th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Jean I can't relate to that process, when we had dinner in Victoria all of us said oh thatís right we have to pay for this meal. <G> Just handling anything after a cruise is ruff, like laundry, paying bills, food, cleaning, grass cutting. I have to stop on the list I am making myself more PCD than before. We now try to have a cruise already booked before we leave on the current one that way we have a countdown already in place.

Old June 5th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with the others, you just got to jump in and book another one. I also agree that the seven months are going to kill me. I just booked to go to Barbados on the Legend for April 3rd, anyone interested.