Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Admiral

Default Poll for Thursday - BB's.

How many of you read other bb boards. Not different areas of this site, but different sites, such as cruise2, etc.
And..........home many of you consider this "home".

I consider this "home" and I no longer post anywhere else. I don't even read any other boards anymore. Well, on a rare occasion I will trot over to cruise2 to see what's going on, but I stay here now and don't read any other boards anymore.
This is a comfortable safehaven for me.

fess up guys, who's playing the field????

Old June 6th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Poll for Thursday - BB's.

This is definitely home for me, but do once in awhile check out other "cruise" travel boards. Many of the others just don't even come close to this one :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 6th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

There are other sites??
Old June 6th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Admiral

This is home for me. Have looked at others once in a great while, but I like this one best.
Everyone is so friendly and helpful. What's not to like? Phyll
Old June 6th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

I always head here first, and then to Cruise Critic (Only because their Princess site is more active!)...........Cruise 2???? I went over there, and was surprised it still exists!! C@ got WAY to crowded for me. I felt kinda "Pushed Out" by the newbies!

So........as far as my "Cruise Family"....this is HOME!!!!

Take Care, Y'all!
Jaime
Old June 6th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

CruiseMates is definitely HOME for me. I think we have an outstanding combination of features that NO other site has.
Our people friendly message boards, with great people to be friendly with and to <G>. Where you can actually get cruise questions answered, and of course CHIT CHAT, where you can come with coffee or a drink and hang with your friends.
Our Home Page, magazine format, where new feature articles, covering a wide variety of cruise topics, appear almost every other day is an amazing source of information and entertainment.
Our data bases... Meet On Board, Ship's Polls etc.
Our photo galleries... where we can enjoy each others cruises visually, and people can post descriptions of each pic so we know what we're looking at is the bomb.
Our Bargain Finder area.. where you can let agents come to you for quotes, with no direct contact, unless YOU decide.
Our Cruise Trivia, that's so much fun to try and guess the answers.
Our live online chat session, that's hosted by some of the nicest people on the net.

I used to visit some of the other cruise related web sites quite regularily... much more than I do now. Though not a web site, Rec.travel.cruises newsgroup used to be one of my favorites. Only problem there seems to be that because it's unmoderated, you have to sort through a fair bit of junk to get to the "good stuff", and its become time consuming.
And lately it seems, many of the fun and knowledgable folks who used to post there, have given up on it, as much as I have.

There were a couple of others I used to read more than post.
Then one, which touted itself for its friendliness to everyone, turned out to actually be editing people's posts to read the way "the site" wanted them to read. And some people shared with me, some of the behind the scenes (out of public view) e mails, and it became obvious there was no integrity there. It got to be like having two faced friends, so I quit visiting.

I still check in to AOLs Cruise Cafe (their chat) to visit my old friends. Heck I hosted chats there about 4 years, so wouldn't want to lose touch with some good friends. And if you know AOL users, it's sometimes hard to get them to change their ways.

But most of the time YOU GUYS are more than enough to keep me hopping <G>

Old June 6th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Shar

I admit it ...I get hungry for cruise info and play the field. I go to cruise2, @, cruisecritic, and also check out travelocity, when I get desperate for new info or want to contribute some of my knowledge. Unfortunately, both the Alaska and Princess boards haven't been real busy lately and I tend to stray. I do feel that this community is "home" and really enjoy the web site set-up and the contributors.

Shar
Old June 6th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Definitely home here - but do read some others, especially CruiseCritic, but this is HOME!:-))

Old June 6th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

I visit all of them when i have the time (which isn't often) but i really enjoy the homey nice feeling here of being with friends and people i have cruised with.
kimann
Old June 6th, 2002, 08:47 PM
susancruzs

In the beginning . . . . . I bounced around some between C@, critic, and here. Had a bad thing happen on a board where someone used my name to post so I became a "lurker" for awhile. I was coming here just reading the cruise section then one day I noticed the "people" section! I checked it out and alot of names seemed familiar! I posted a few times, everyone was friendly and nice so I post here the most!

I do go other places to research when I'm checking out new ships! Right now, the Radiance class has my interest. This is home though! Sue
Old June 6th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Admiral

And don't forget to vote !!!

<http://www.webbyawards.com/peoplesvoice/index.html>
Old June 7th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Home Sweet Home
Old June 7th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

This is my first stop every morning, but like Kimann I visit the other boards as well. CM does have the best atmosphere.....at C@ you can get lost in the crowd, CC can get too harsh and C2, well, it was my first cruise board, but I rarely go there anymore. Lots of good folks here at CruiseMates and I am looking foward to the day that I can take a group cruise with you all (timing is everything though).

Old June 8th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

I visit here along with C@, CC, and Cruise2. I can't honestly say that this or any of the sites are really "home". I mostly just read thru the sites and might occasionally post if the spirit moves me...lol. I probably considered C@ "home" quite a while ago but that feeling has changed.

C@ is great for getting a quick answer, but I can find more complete information at CM or CC in their many sections - though it can be hard to navigate and find at times.

I just stick mainly to reading and occasionally posting on factual cruise topics - not much into the chitchat community stuff, as it is too easy to be misunderstood at times on boards and I'm not checking the sites daily like those in the inner circles of each board.