Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2002, 04:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default To My "Neighbors", Pamda and CA!

Hopefully your weather isn't as scary as ours is here!

Tornado warning here in the Eastern Panhandle of WV. Passed right over my house! Heading into Washington Co., MD.,and Deleware looked even worse.

Take Care, and be safe!
Jaime
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: To My "Neighbors", Pamda and CA!

Jaime - thank goodness you are ok. Something similar happened years ago when I was up at my uncle's farm - funnel cloud came down the road in front of the house....scared the heck out of this 11 year old!

Old June 6th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Admiral

So far, so good !!!

And glad that you are OK, Jaime !!! Just lots of rain.

Hope CA is OK, too !!!
Old June 6th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hubby is stuck in New Hampshire until 9PM. They grounded his BWI flight until then. Boy was he shocked when he called home to find out about our weather. Tornado hit Frederick, MD., and did some damage there. Lots of wind damage here...nothing major...Thank Goodness!

Take Care!
Jaime
Old June 6th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Well, here is my story about this evenings events.

Was still in the office and heard about the storm warnings, severe thunder storms and tornados. I was supposed to pick up KayakGuy at work (in Frederick). I called him to tell him I was leaving. As I was heading down 270 towards Frederick from Gaithersburg, looking ahead was almost black with clouds and the wind gusting. I stopped to top off the tank, 'just in case.' While at the gas station, a group of clouds went right over head and everyone at the station thought 'this was it!' My cell phone rang, it was KayakGuy in a semi-panic, their building was being evacuated to the basement vault. I told him to go on ahead, I was working my way there. Got back on 270, and it looked like doomsday. Got to his office and it began to clear and the rest of the way home, had rain and wind, but to the North and East it really looked threatening. Got home and the reports were calling for tornados in Montgomery County (just where I had left!). WHEW! Jack has come for a visit tonight !
Old June 6th, 2002, 10:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Unbelieveable! How do you folks tolerate the tension? All we have to deal with is white-outs and black ice! And when that hits, we know enough to stay at home! Thoughts and prayers are with you all that everyone stays safe!!!
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Guess our good karma was working here.

It's been raining for about eight hours now and there's been severe storm damage south (Lower Delaware) and east of us (New Jersey) as well as in the western Philadelphia suburbs where all the rich folks live.

Do we get scared? Oh, yes. Especially when you live in a forest with 200-foot trees.

And lots of them are all too close to the house.

Maybe those thoughts and prayers protected us. And for that, thanks. Mahalo, too.

The tension is almost intolerable.

Old June 7th, 2002, 01:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Oy vey, Pamda and 'Coholic!!!

I feel so out of it here in California ... we just hit some hot weather (80's) so I fired up the a/c. I am just so surprised how insulated we are about the bad weather you guys are experiencing. I'm just so happy that all has been going realatively well for you all.

You're all in my prayers,

Harry
Old June 7th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Admiral

Yeahhhh!!!!!!!! The 'bloodline' continues! Glad all is well......actually, Oreckman is in the Baltimore area, somewhere.......have not heard from him since before the storms started around 4pm.......guess if he doesn't show up here around 1pm I should send out the bloodhounds...... I know my cousin is ok.....she was online late last night.

But Harry......you have EARTHQUAKES!

Old June 7th, 2002, 05:27 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

It got pretty hairy in Fredericksburg VA also last night. Bill and I went out to dinner during the height of it. Word is there was a tornado just a few miles west of our home. We came home to a mess on the deck. Some minor damage to our deck awning and the winds were so strong it knocked one of my heavy planters over that was attached to the deck railing....potting soil and plants all over the carpet on the deck. Big mess to clean up, but it could have been worse....the 10x14 awning could have been wrapped around the roof or chimney! (that's happened before).

Old June 7th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Very thankful all of you in the storms are o.k.!
Old June 7th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Wow! Maybe 110 degrees and no humidity with a little breeze isn't so bad after all! I have to keep telling myself that, because we're supposed to hit 111 today!

Glad to hear all of our CruiseMates family members are OK!

jennifer
Old June 7th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Out to clean the yard today!! I have 26 big trees in the yard...and I lost loads of limbs yesterday, and last night! 2 plants were alaso casualties!!

Oh well!!
Jaime
Old June 7th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Jamie,
So glad to hear you are all alright. We had straight line winds once that uprooted huge Oak Trees in our yard. What a mess. Hope you have some good strongs hands helping you. Phyll