Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Default Whew! Some relief from the heat!

Well.........thank goodness we didn't hit that high of 111 degrees they were predicting for today! We had a downright brisk day - only 109! Can you say SUMMER? The calendar may still say spring, but the thermometer very definitely says summer. I guess the time has arrived to just settle in and live with it. And, YES, Divetex, those leather seats ARE black! I keep a white terry cloth towel in the car at this time of the year, especially when wearing a dress. Pink may be my favorite color, but not on the backs of my legs! It clashes, you know, with the bright color of the little red midlife crisis car.

I hope the rest of you have satisfactory summer weather!

jennifer
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2002, 08:22 PM
lovecruis'n

Default Re: Whew! Some relief from the heat!

Where do you live, to have that kind of heat? I thought it was hot here in sunny Florida!!
Old June 7th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Jennifer - it was 78 here in my part of SE Wisconsin today...what a lovely day! My uncle lives in Tucson, so I can guess how bad it is...the only time he complains about Arizona is when it gets hot like that...then he wishes he were back here, but we then remind him about he -20 degree winters with windchills -60 and the 100 degree with dewpoints of 80 summers and he shuts up pretty quick! lol (Uncle Mel just likes to complain! lol)

Old June 7th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Admiral

lovecruis'n:

Mesa, Arizona - the Phoenix area. And all who know me from last summer know that while I may moan and groan, I really wouldn't trade my summers with a lot of you folks. That high humidity you get with your high temperatures can really do me in! Complain though I may, I know a good thing when I feel it. For example, we may have had 109 degrees today, but we also had 6%, yes that's SIX PERCENT humidity. So.... it's really not so bad. At least that's what we tell each other !! ;-))

jennifer
Old June 7th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

SIX PERCENT - I hate you! lol

Old June 7th, 2002, 09:40 PM
Kay S.

I'll take dry heat any time over the humidity we have here in Houston. Played golf today and feel as if I've lost five pounds of water. Really don't know what our temperature was today but we had very little breeze. I keep trying to promise myself that I won't complain about heat after living the first half of my life in the frozen tundra of northern Illinois. The only time I really gloat is from October through May. Right now I would love to be in Illinois with family and a sweater on because, for me, I'd be cold in upper sixties. Knowing my luck, if I flew up to visit that family, they would have a heat wave.
Old June 8th, 2002, 08:57 AM
susancruzs

Hey, I'm in notheast Illinois and was 92 last Saturday, totally unusual for this early in June. Today is perfect but tomorrow to be hot and humid! It's ok though, as Lisa says we could have a windchill of -60!

I don't like the humidity either but I'm a four seasons girl and actually I love all kinds of weather. As soon as it gets chilly and a good northeast wind, I drive to the lakefront to see Lake Michigan do its thing! Lived here all my life, humidity, cold, etc. so I figure if I can't beat it, I might as well enjoy it! Susie
Old June 8th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Shar

Hi desercruzer!
I guess your 111 degrees stuck to the Eastern side of the Sierras, since we got it in the upper Mojave Desert. I BELIEVE we got into the teens yesterday. It got down to around 100 degrees last night and actually felt cool. Maybe I'm adapting. . .

Shar
Old June 10th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

I remember that heat without humidity when we lived in Barstow. Talk about a shock to the system when we moved to Parris Island SC and endured our first Low Country Summer!