Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2002, 09:45 PM
barbara11758

Default best site for cruisers

I am new to cruise sites. I've been on for about three weeks now. I have gone to other sites and have found cruisemates the best by far.
It is easy to use, well thought out, and lots of people participate and give good cruise ideas and opinions. It's a pleasure to be part of this group.
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: best site for cruisers

Welcome Aboard Barbara!
Happy that you found us, and jumped in to participate. Everyone's opinions and experiences are welcome here. Heck, we're even allowed to disagree on occassion. Then we have group hugs and make up. The hugging is my favorite part <G>

Old June 16th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Barbara -

The nightly chats are the best - quick answers to your questions and you never feel like a "newbie." I would recommend trying a chat out and see what you think. Also, never feel like you shouldn't post your opinion on the message boards - I have never felt "attacked" or stupid for anything I ever post (and some of my posts can bring some argumentative replies). Like Kuki said - opinions are welcome here and can sometimes get you to look at things with a whole new perspective. I can ask what I think may be common knowledge with cruisers, (even as a frequent cruiser) but come to find out, others wanted to know the same answers. Most of the time it is about a cruiseline I had never sailed before and want answers to help in decision process. I have been here for about 5 months now and feel as though I know these people as well as some of my best friends.

Again, We welcome you aboard.

Jodi

Post Edited (06-16-02 23:05)
Old June 17th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Barbara:
I'm so glad you found us...welcome to CruiseMates. Mike mentioned our chatroom....please join us there! We would love to meet you "in person".

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old June 17th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Barb,

TO CRUISEMATES

I'm sure you will continue to find lots of good information, if not just ask and like the others mentioned, be sure to drop in one of our nightly chats

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 17th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Barb welcome aboard!!! Glad you found us and everyone is correct the chat room is the greatest. I have had the great honor of meeting some of the posters here and the people are just wonderful. As everyone else has stated if you have a question please feel free to post away.

Old June 17th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Allow me to add my manners and toss out the welcome mat. The nice thing about Cruisemates is the first time you post, you suddenly become one of the family. This site as you said has many wonderful part and so much knowledge is right here at your fingertips thanks to all the wonderful people that visit us. Of course "I" think the message boards and chat are the best because that is my area of responsibility, but the other areas are pretty darn good too I must admit. <VBG>
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old June 17th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Welcome to the family Barbara,
I just want to echo what everyone else has said. The folks here are a special group.
I hesitated to try the chat room for a while because I had never done that before, but now I have to say it's one of my favorite sites. Sometimes it's hard to keep up when it get busy, but I know there will always be lots of information and more than that lots of laughs to be had while in the chat room. Hope to see you there. Phyll

WARNING: this site can be addictive !!!!
Old June 17th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Welcome to our family Barbara! Hope you stick around and enjoy our little "home".
:o)

Old June 17th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Admiral

Welcome, Barbara ...

Hang around and join the fun.

And if there are ever eny questions we can answer, just holler !!!

Old June 17th, 2002, 04:03 PM
barbara11758

Default Re: Re: best site for cruisers

I have already been on the chat line. I signed on as missy. Maybe you remember me. I ask a lot of questions. i was a teacher and always taught my students that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask because then you never learn.
I am also new to computers. I have to use the same name sometimes instead of changing. Who can remember all those passwords?
Old June 17th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Welcome aboard Barbara .... sounds like you have jumped in with both feet ... the only way to do it.