Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2002, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Sunday Morning!

Morning, gang! It is going to be a hot one here in SE Wisconsin - low 90's and humid today. Seems like a good day to stay in the house and do some light cleaning - even my mutt doesn't want to go out in this weather unless he has to!

Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2002, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning!

Good morning Lisa! We must have been typing at the same time. Hot and humid here too. My mutt is cooling down with a swim at the lake this morning with "daddy". I'm supposed to be....well....
Old June 23rd, 2002, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Arizona. It is a sad time here. The two forrest fires have merged and become one huge monster. Over 300,000 acres have burned since Wednesday. 9000 people have been evacuated from their homes. If you look at a map of Arizona, look at north central Arizona, find highways 60 & 260, and follow from the west to see the evacuated towns of Forrest Lakes, Heber, Overgaard, Clay Springs, Pinedale, Show Low, Pinetop, Lakeside, and Hon Dah. Highways 60 & 260 are closed to the south, so all these people have to evacuate to the north, go all the way to Flagstaff and then come back down I-17 if they want to get to relatives in the Phoenix area. This is the worst disaster ever in Arizona, and one of the largest forrest fires ever in the country. The hot shot crews haven't even begun to contain it yet. It is so out of control it is forming its own weather pattern, generating more and stronger winds than before. Please pray for all those affected by this disaster, and especially for the safety of the firefighters and the wildlife trapped in this monster's parth.

I'm off to the airport in a couple of minutes to send Jose on his way to Costa Rica. Then it's my turn on Saturday. It's a quick trip this time, but at least we'll get to spend a little time with the kids and the grandkids.

Good Sunday morning to all!

jennifer
Old June 23rd, 2002, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Jenn,
Been watching new reports of the AZ wild fires. How tragic! Keeping all those who are displaced, and those fighting the fire in our thoughts.
Between AZ and Colorado alot of beautiful land getting singed.

Old June 23rd, 2002, 10:56 AM
susancruzs

Good Sunday Morning Everyone! Thinking of all those in the fire areas, praying for rain and hope everyone stays safe!

Today is a veg day. I've had company from Iowa since Thursday and we crammed alot in two days! Cubs game, dinner in Wriggleyville, a drive along the lake cirlce tour, a ride to Chgo. on the train, Navy Pier and Water Tower Place, etc., in the 95 heat my visitors were troopers, we did it all! It was great because Linda is my age, never been to a really big city, never been on a train, or to a major league game, fun showing her!

At the Cubs game we sat next to a big group of NYC Firemen. They really made our end rather lively and it was a totally fun time! They were guests of the city and Chicago really rolled out the red carpet!

Today is laundry and just sit around after two days of total running! Sue
Old June 23rd, 2002, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone. Going to finish the borders and trim in Ashley's room and it will be complete. Next............Michael's Room.
:O)

Old June 23rd, 2002, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers......Jennifer...in the 'for what it's worth department' .... read this morning that Bradenton is sending 2 Dept. of Forestry Rangers and 1 firefighter to AZ to help in the effort to contain that awful fire. I know it's just a drop in the bucket....but I am sure other communities are sending personnel, too......all fingers and toes crossed that they can get this thing out.