Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default worst/best cruise........

what is the best ship you have went on and why.
what is the worst ship you have went on & why.
what is your dream cruise.
what is your nightmare cruise.
just curiosity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old June 26th, 2002, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: worst/best cruise........

Ashley:
I'm happy to say I haven't had a bad cruise. I have two favorite cruises..but for two very different reasons. One of my favorite cruises was on Celebrity's Millennium. I loved everything about that cruise...the ship, the food, the service and the great people we met on board. Another favorite cruise was this past New Years on Princess Golden. Not so much for the ship, food or service but mainly for the great group of friends I met onboard. This was a CruiseMates group cruise and we had a ball. I still smile when I think of that cruise.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old June 26th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

l'm glad to see you have had only fun. that's what cruises are about.
thanks

Old June 26th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Okie/Tex

Best – Vision of the Seas, Panama Canal, west to east. It really wasn’t the itinerary but the ship and the staff. Loved the open areas and the ease of finding your bearings to know where you are and where you are going.

Worst – You HAL people are not going to like this but it was an eleven-day Southern Caribbean on the Zaandam. Food was the best of all our cruises (RCCI-3, Princess-1, HAL-1) but the atmosphere and staff were just too reserved for us. We don’t party late through the night but do enjoy various activities during the day. At 57 years, I felt that I wasn’t old enough for this cruise.

Just my opinion.

Okie
Old June 27th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

No bad cruises here either. The best cruise in always the next one!

Old June 27th, 2002, 06:40 AM
donnajo

My worst cruise (and I would still rather be on that ship than here) was on the NCL Sea.
The itinerary and service was good, but the ship was old looking and worn and we hit a storm that tipped the ship on it's side and dumped the fountain in the Grand foyer. No matter how much they wet vacuumed, the ship smelled like a wet basement the entire cruise!

Our favorite was the Grand Princess '98 Western Meditteranean.
We were on her second sailing. That was a romantic cruise and my first time to Europe!

Donna
Old June 27th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Captain

The ship I truly loved sailing was the Independence. I prefer the old ships to the new floating resorts. Of the larger ships I enjoyed the Former Star Princess which is currently the P&O Arcadia but I understand it is changing hands and names again.

My worst cruise was in no way a bad cruise just the least prefered. This was on the Mercury this past April. The ship was beautiful and the crew was great. The food was the worst I have had on any cruise. It was the first time I have ever been still hungry on a cruise do to poor quality and selection. JMHO As I said I have no complaints about the ship or its crew.
Old June 27th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our worst cruise has yet to happen.... and probably never will. Best ship/cruise is the Grand Princess. Surprisingly, I didn't think we'd like a jumbo ship like this, but it didn't 'feel' that large..... so we did it again.
Old June 27th, 2002, 07:55 PM
susancruzs

I can't pick out the best because I really liked all my cruises and sailed on some of the ships twice. Some were better than others due to itinerary or tablemates but I cannot pick, they were all great!

The one I'd have to say was my least favorite was the Crown Princess. I did not care for the design or layout of that ship, there we were going from Tahiti to Hawaii, you had to work at finding a window! From the lounges, entertainment areas or small bars, you could not see the sea. You had to walk up to the dome to get a view, just a poor design I thought, others love it. Ship is supposed to look like a dolphin, yeah right!

I call it my nightmare cruise as everyone was sick onboard. Every day there was a huge line up down to the sick call and people had colds, flu, pnuemonia, sinus, you name it we had it. Someone died from complications of pneumonia then a band member was hit by a car as he stepped off a curb and he died. I really could write quite a story about that cruise but I better not!
Old June 28th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Admiral

My worst was 7 days aboard the Jubilation. It was horrific and one I'll never do again. The food was fine, the service was good, the itinerary nice, and all the shipboard entertainment was great. But the cruise itself was agonizing and I never wanted off a ship so bad in my life. I was sailing alone and unbeknownst to me a group of 1500 students from the Women's College Student Council were also on this cruise. I had to "hide" in my room the whole trip! Everytime I left my cabin I had to dress nicely. I couldn't walk to the elevator without tripping over my tongue. My bar bill exceeded what I paid for my house. My hands were soar from spreading sun tan oil hours at a time. It was terrible!!!!

Yeah right!

Regards,
Thomas
Old June 28th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Philip

Best ship was Explorer of the Seas. For unfortunate reasons (9/11) the ship was barely half full, but it meant that it almost felt like having the ship to yourself. (Kuki was supposed to be there, but he unfortunately didn't make it.) Beautiful ship.

Worst wasn't necessarily the ship. Norwegian Sea had one shore excursion from hell in Roatan. Buses almost literally went over cliffsides, sliding down high roads in the mud. The shore excursion coordinator was horrible. She had absolutely no business being in any kind of customer service position.

Dream cruise would be a transatlantic.

Nightmare cruise would be one with no sea days!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Philip