Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Default We are STACKED!!!

OreckMan has really surprised me with the suggestion that we investigate some of the great rates for Alaska .... so I gave Nancy a call about getting us on the Ocean Princess for the same sailing that CA is doing on August 24th ..... she did and OM got FF flights from Delta and we were set to go....just 1 step from booking both the cruise and the flights. I decided to call CA to double check with him and to tease him a bit. Earlier in the day, before Don even had the idea, I had asked John to pick up something for me in Ketchikan, so I told him that I had changed my mind and decided it was something we needed to shop for TOGETHER .... it went over his head ... I then said....."JOHN WE ARE GOING WITH YOU ON THE OCEAN PRINCESS."......to which he replied...."well, that's just peachy.....I am going on the STAR PRINCESS!!!!!!" ...... after all of us caught our breath from laughing, I emailed the trusty TA to confess my ERROR. She went right to work to correct the matter and Don went to work to change everything with Delta....so now we are all on the same page AND THE SAME SHIP!!!!!!

I am making this confession of my own free will and saving myself from being blackmailed by the few friends that know about it......NAh, NAh, Nah, Nah NAAAAAHHHH, NAH!

This all really takes the sting out of that 500+ days on my countdown clock for the next one!

Old June 29th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: We are STACKED!!!

Well, congratulations!!!! A post-renovation-tiling treat? Hope you have a good time and it is good to know that there will be an impartial observer there to tell the TRUTH about CA's antics!

Old June 29th, 2002, 07:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re:We are STACKED!!!

YES! I bet that made John smile.

I'm jealous, this year seems to be the one everyone goes to Alaska except me
Glad you could get another one booked, sometimes don't you think we're just all a little bit crazy in our addiction?Sure is fun though!

Two weeks from today I'll be cruising the oceanfront of Ft Lauderdale in anticipation of boarding the Grand on Sunday 7/14. No sir, I'm not addicted!

Doug
Old June 29th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Divetex and CruiseCam

WAY TO GO, MGRAM AND ORECKMAN!!!

Congratulations, Pat and Don. Although we're rather green with envy right now and have puffed-out lower lips, we're actually very happy for you. You're gonna have a wonderful time.

GOOD FOR Y'ALL!
Old June 29th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Yup, this is gonna be some trip, good thing she called me before actually making payment.....we'd have to wave at each other 'passing in the night'!

Now, I will have to 'behave' (not that I don't all the time anyway) because I'm going with co-workers....
Old June 29th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Admiral

I have nothing to say and would never rat out my friends.

But I am jealous as He!!
Old June 29th, 2002, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Well, CA, if your behavior with them is anything like with us....man will there be stories!

Old June 29th, 2002, 10:26 PM
Admiral

Oh, Brag, Brag, Brag.

Go ahead.
Old June 29th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Admiral

Oh I hate all of you, !!!! I 'm soooooo green I cant' stand it !!! Waaa Whaaaaa !!!!! I want to go toooo !!!!

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old June 30th, 2002, 12:00 AM
Okie/Tex

For all the fun shown on this thread, I think it shows the importance of a GREAT cruise agent. We're proud to have Nancy take care of our cruises.
Old June 30th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Congratulations on the booking! Really am tickled that y'all are headed to Alaska, BUT, not tickled that I'm not going with y'all. Oh well, will just have to wait patiently until my time comes......

Have a great time!
Old June 30th, 2002, 09:23 AM
susancruzs

Wish I were going to Alaska, to keep you all in line as I am the quiet one (compared to John that is)! I'm sure you will be having a very, very great time and Alaska will never be the same!

At least I have the Golden T-time trip to look foward, too and I do have two booked for next year, but I am not counting or trying to keep up with John! Susie
Old June 30th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Lucky You!! Wish we could fit in your suitcase!!

Old June 30th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Mgram and OM.. CONGRATS! The combination of Alaska and CA should make for an interesting week!! Below is a pic of one of the Sun Class ships in Skagway... If the Star docks in that same spot, it should make for an excellent shot, as she'll definitely dominate the Skagway skyline.

Old June 30th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Admiral

P-a--a--a-t--t !!! You KNOW how HOT is here in TEXAS in August.

This Alaska cruise season is killing me!

And on top of those crisp, cool temperatures you will see ORCAS again.

Star, schmar, hope you guys have fun...really.
Old June 30th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Thanks everyone.....I still can't believe it!!! It was such a surprise! This is one of my favorite destinations....so glad to be going back.

That's a great shot Kuki....thanks....I will keep my eyes open to see if I can capture a similar one.

And as for keeping CA under control....don't think that will be a problem ... I have heard that when he travels with co-workers he is a different person ..... time will tell <G>.... ya know the old sayin' about leopards and spots!

And....oh yes....ORCAS ORCAS ORCAS!!!!!!!

Old July 2nd, 2002, 08:58 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to SeaFan Send a message via Yahoo to SeaFan

Congratulations Mgram and Oreckman!! Oh you better believe I am green with envy!! I know you are going to have a great time but how dare you plan a cruise without us. CA I can understand because he always has a countdown running all the time. Anyway enjoy your short countdown and better yet you are going some place cooler.

Old July 2nd, 2002, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Lots of plusses all the way around on this one, Kathy!!! Relaxation on a down-tempo itinerary after the hectic pace of the tile job, first experience on a 'grand class' ship, MUCH cooler climate......and OF COURSE........CA! The minues are leaving our other friends at home.