Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2002, 11:13 AM
First Mate

Default Grand Princess obstructed view cabins?

Anyone had experience with the obstructed view cabins on the Emerald deck of the Grand Princess?

My hopes of an upgrade to a balcony have been dashed and I've been assigned an obstructed outside. I'm in E312, almost located between two lifeboats. Not a big deal but what can I expect the blockage to be? Can I see over/around the lifeboat?

Guess I'll have to be careful sleeping in or might get surprised when they start to lower the tenders!

Doug
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2002, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Grand Princess obstructed view cabins?

I think it depends on where exactly the cabin is located. I've heard that some views are almost completely obstructed and others have just a minor obstruction. Hope you get one of the good ones!

Old July 2nd, 2002, 03:04 PM
Lady Jag

Yes, Doug. My mom had one of those same cabins. It was obstructed, for sure, but she could still look out and see the ocean. You'll definitely be able to see below the lifeboats and around them a little. Plenty of sunlight came in the window too. Have a good time!
Old July 3rd, 2002, 07:46 AM
Admiral

We think those cabins are among the best kept secrets on that class of ship. You're up on a nice deck, good location on the deck and you still get the light and brightness, despite the obstruction. One thing, though... those deck plans are not drawn totally to scale and the life boats... and tables in the dining room... are just the naval architect's indication of what is there. It remains a "crap shoot" as to just how much actual obstruction you'll have... you can't tell from the plan.
Old July 3rd, 2002, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Oh Doug, go ahead and 'rub it in'
Old July 3rd, 2002, 08:44 AM
Admiral

CA.....don't get in a snit........remember OUR turn is coming in August and PAYBACK is h*ll for the receiver and fun for the GIVERS!!!