Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Beginner

Default 12 days Honolulu to Papeete - Dawn Princess

Has anyone out there been on this cruise? If so, how was ship and itinerary? What should we expect the weather to be in October? Any other suggestions on where we might cruise to in October? Should we book a balcony or ocean view for this trip??

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks ph
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2002, 10:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 12 days Honolulu to Papeete - Dawn Princess

I did this trip in Oci 1998 on the Crown Princess, Tahiti to Hawaii. If you can afford it a balcony would be great, I'd go at least for an outside. Views on both ends can be fantastic.

My weather was perfect, sunny with no wind and calm seas. Barely felt any movemnet the whole trip, not sure if that is normal. Bora Bora and Moorea are fantastic. I did 4 days precruise on Moorea then took the ferry back over to Papeete to pick up the ship.
I would sure recommend time on Moorea post cruise if at all possible, much more scenic than Tahiti itself. Flights are very limited back to the US mainland though.

Funny how I always think of this as my "Tahiti" trip and forget about the time in Hawaii. This is almost just as nice, and I'm one of those that also loved the stop at Christmas Island. Doing this on the Dawn would be even better than the Crown, more dining entertainment options onboard.

If you can book this cruise, you won't forget it!

Doug
Old July 9th, 2002, 02:28 PM
First Mate

I haven't done the cruise, but ditto for the Moorea thing. The ferry was wonderful- The island unique. I hear Bora Bora is every more beautiful. Hawaii is MUCH less expensive than Tahiti however. Enjoy!

Old July 9th, 2002, 07:11 PM
susancruzs

I would do that cruise again in a minute! I did not have time on either end though and the time changes really took their toll on me! I think going on the Dawn is a good thing as the layout of the ship is better than the Crown or Regal for being in Tahiti/Hawaii.

Take Doug's advice if you can go early, I didn't and I regretted it. I also though the stop at Christmas Island was really neat. The people were so genuine and it was just a nice, interesting place. I enjoyed it and actually did not like that Princess kind of down played it. Bora Bora and Moorea were absolutely super! I took jeep rides there and that was really great, unbelievable views. If I had it to do again, I would jeep and also go to a beach and snorkel! Enjoy! Sue