Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2002, 07:04 PM
KandJ

Default Lurker returning from StarP

Just returned from Alaska and Star Princess plus a few days in Vancouver after. What an amazing ship. This was our 4th cruise and we loved princess and loved the ship. I would never believe that this ship has everything until I sailed on it. My previous cruises have been on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Our food was fabulous, our service was fabulous, the layout of the ship was fabulous, the only thing that wasn't fabulous was the weather but who cares. The ship was great.

We are now planning a family vacation on the Grand or Golden this fall. Am also looking at Diamond princess next summer to alaska. Have 2 open bookings on princess and plan on using them this next year.

Anyone else sailing on Star soon? I can answer any questions if you want.

Kris
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Lurker returning from StarP

Yes, I am sailing on the Star Princess on August 24, can't wait. I've been landlocked too long
Old July 10th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kandj,
So glad to hear you loved "Star" Princess and Alaska, although sorry about the bad weather. Will be there myself on Infinity in Aug., so any tip you can give me???

Just an FYI, in case you are thinking about cruising over Thanksgiving, there is a Cruisemates cruise on Golden that has some really good pricing, you may want to check that out:

http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/...Turkey2002.cfm

Welcome back and glad to see you are not just a lurker :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 10th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hey Kris... Welcome Aboard!!!
Glad you've decided to join the posting family! Hope you participate often.

Happy to hear you loved the Star. As Donna said.. you should consider joining us on the Golden Princess for Thanksgiving.
Old July 10th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Kris,

Welcome to the world of non-lurkers! As an "Island Girl," you're certainly welcome on this zany board! Hope you visit often and post every time you do! I find it interesting that you prefer the Star Princess over RCI and Celebrity. What was the deciding factor? Just curious.

Thanks for posting.
Old July 10th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Admiral

We will be with CruiseAholic on the Star on the 24th......have never been on a Grand class ship....really looking forward to the experience.

Welcome home and welcome aboard....post often.

Old July 10th, 2002, 09:16 PM
KandJ

We really liked the size of the Star. We liked the indoor pool and we liked personal choice dining. I don't know if I can ever go back to regular dining times. We could eat whenever we returned back to the ship in the dining room. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity doesn't offer this on our previous ships. We do like Royal Carribean second after Princess. Celebrity felt stuffy and the entertainment was boring when we sailed the Horizon. We were so bored on that ship.

Off to go look at prices. Thanks for all the welcomes.
Old July 11th, 2002, 12:04 AM
Admiral

Let me add a welcome.

Please write a review, I know there are a lot of people who would love to hear more.

Old July 11th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Admiral

Hi DeLurker KandJ! Sound like your still on a cruise high. Isn't it wonderful! Welcome to CruiseMates. I can't wait to sail on one of the Grand class ships....Then I'll have questions!
Old July 11th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Hi KandJ !
Glad to hear you loved your cruise.
Like Kuki said if you are looking into the Golden check out the Thanksgiving Cruise Mates Cruise. It's really a good deal and sounds like lots of fun.
Phyll
Old July 13th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to mikedal

Sailing on Star Princess Oct. 26th (Mexican Rivera). Trying to decide on upgrading cabin from balcony to mini suite. What type cabin were you in? Since this ship is soooooo .... large, did you have the feeling of getting lost in the crowd and not getting personalized service?
Old July 13th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

mikedal - I was on the Grand a while ago and while it is a large ship, I never felt really crowded except on trying to get through the photo gallery area in the evening - that was just way too crowded and I wonder if they have changed this area on the Golden and the Star. Once inside the ship there is a smaller ship feel - lots of intimate little lounges, etc that really make you feel like you are on a smaller ship.