Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2002, 01:32 AM
thedreamweaver

Default I thought I was the only one!

I used to skip right past the long series of numbers at the bottom of some people's posts, then I realized they were the number of days, hours, minutes and seconds til their next cruise! That's so cool! How do you do that?
This is a little embarassing, but here's my way of keeping count - In my bathroom I keep a set of colored dry-erase markers. When I book a cruise, I draw a six inch circle in the center of the mirror with the number of "days til next cruise"in the center, and the countdown begins! Every day, while changing the number, I add a little to an ocean & beach scene around the circle, using the different colored markers.
I booked my last cruise on Jan. 10, (I sail Nov. 2 on the Norwegian Sun) so by now the mirror is over half filled with waves, parasailers, palm trees,
shark fins, the ship, and all sorts of things that make me laugh (I'm no artist!) every time I walk into the bathroom.
And it pumps me up BIGTIME each day that I put a lower number in the circle.
I thought I was nuts, now I find you people keeping track of SECONDS til your next cruise!
Cruises are the greatest, aren't they?
Signed,
16 circles so far
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: I thought I was the only one!

Here is the site to obtain the clock, along with instructions. For posting them here, go to the bottom of this thread and look for 'Message Board Tricks'. Have fun with it.

http://escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm

I love your mirror idea....unfortunately, I can't even draw a stick figure!....but WOW, what a fun way to keep tract.

Old July 13th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Dreamweaver, that is one of the coolest countdown counters I have heard heard about. I LOVE it. Never have I thought about using dry erase markers on a mirror! What a nifty idea for writing yourself reminder important notes.

I'm with Mgram though, can't draw, I'll have to use picture stencils when I try it out. Have to book a cruise FIRST though! Thanks for sharing.
Old July 13th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Dreamweave,
I loved your story about using the mirror. What a creative way to do a countdown! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Phyll