Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Passenger

Default setting sail this Sunday!!!!!

My husband and I are taking our first ever cruise to Mexico this Sunday out of LA. It will be our first vacation in 13 years !! and the best part is .... NO KIDS at least not ours anyway! So we are happy.

Any last minute advice.. is welcome!!!

Robin
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: setting sail this Sunday!!!!!

Bon Voyage Robin and hubby......the first one is always soooo exciting......come to think of it....they are ALL exciting. Have a wonderful time and fill us in when you get back.

Old July 17th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Remember .... don't sweat the small stuff ..... and on a cruise EVERYTHING is small stuff! Have a great cruise and come back and tell us all about it.
Old July 17th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Way to go RL-go! I remember the feeling well! You are going to have so much fun!

Old July 18th, 2002, 06:58 AM
First Mate

don't wait 13 years to take the next one!
Old July 18th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Yeoman

Hi: Any advice?? mmm....yes....while sitting in the lounge chair at the pool, you must have the correct method for ordering your second drink of theday or whatever drink you require. Simply look up over your sunglasses as the waiter/waitress walks by. Lift your arm up with raised index finger, ever so casual like you were brushing your wind swept hair back and say....."yes, I'll have another please".

Have a great time...and yes...don't wait for 13 years to go again. In fact don't wait 13 months. Bob
Old July 18th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Sue2

Have fun, fun and fun.......Please let us know how much fun you had....
Old July 18th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Happy Camper

The PAcific is a little rougher so take something with you as a just in case like Bonine. In Mazatlan we got a taxi driver to take us to Ginger's Horses (they know who they are) and he was $50 per couple for two couples and we went to a restaurant, the Golden ZOne, toured the town and the church and looked at the light house. This was an all day tour. Also Ginger's Horses was $17 an hour per person (the taxi waited) and you could even run them on the beach. They are very well kept. Just an idea if you don't know what you want to do yet. We also went on our own in Puerto Vallarta.. Debbie
Old July 18th, 2002, 03:00 PM
Admiral

It is going to be very hot and humid. Always take or buy water ashore. The best lunch in Puerto Vallarta is at a little hole in the wall restaurant called: "Mariscos Polo."

They have the freshest seafood in town at very moderate prices. Polo was trained at "La Palapa" for years and now he owns his own little family-owned restaurant. Don't be fooled by the looks of the restaurant, this place is "Great." Have a "Pulpo" (octopus)burrito for me. The "huachinango con ajo" is great as well as literallly everything on the menu. I promise you won't be sorry.