Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2002, 02:18 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne
Default Just had an interesting phone call!

Just got off the phone with dh. He had a long night and was just enjoying room service when he decided to let me know he is still alive. He survived the "snails" he had to have for dinner last night. He actually likes them but these were done in what was called a "dry herb rub", leaving him with the feeling that he was chomping on rubberbands á la basil.

At any rate...they all were herded to a wine cellar and he got into a very interesting conversation with one man, who has been on several cruises. It seems that might have been the conversation that provided the missing link. Dh said he said about five words in a conversation that lasted over an hour about the pros of cruising. When dh was finally allowed to say something, he mentioned our booking for a cruise in March on the Brilliance. Still donīt know the name of the guy....at any rate, he said he would gladly join us. From the sounds of it, he is a fun person! Just sent the information for the cruise to his email address. It will be very interesting to see what happens! He also told dh to book through a TA in the United States.

Dh sounded very relieved. Being able to have such a conversation does wonders. I can talk until I am blue in the face but "peer pressure" does do magic. He still wonīt hand over my magazines without having meatloaf for dinner tonight though. Thought he might have loosened up on that point. Oh well.

Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Just had an interesting phone call!

Suzanne:
Isn't it funny how the wife can talk and talk and talk about a subject and the hubby never hears a word. BUT let a male friend mention it and it is cast in stone!!!! What is up with that? . This has happned quite a few times with me....more so with my boss at work than my hubby. But at any rate...you know you were right and that is all tha counts!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 25th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Every little bit helps Suzanne. I think once you do the first cruise that he'll be addicted just like the rest of us. Sounds like you may even be doing a few before March.
Still hoping you'll do the CM Thanksgiving with us.

Phyll
Old July 25th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Admiral

The second hardest part any lady has with cruising is to get her hubby to get onboard the first one. The hardest part is to keep the hubby off every cruise he vaguely hears about after he does the first one. <>
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old July 25th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Just had an interesting phone call!

My wife talks all the time and I never hear her either. In fact, I haven't spoken to her in over a month............I don't like to intterupt her.<g>

Regards,
Thomas