Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default POLL- How Many STILL keep in touch with past tablemates?

Besides, when you've sat with family, how many of you still keep in touch, or go cruising, with people you've met through random dining assignments on the ships?

We've been fortunate to have quite a number of TERRIFIC tablemates, an have kept in touch, and cruised again with many.
Unfortunately there are a few who we really enjoyed, who we've lost touch with, who I'd love to hear from again.

Old July 26th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: POLL- How Many STILL keep in touch with past tablemates?

Sure we do! I could make a list! It is really neat to see where they are going next and if we might ever end up on the same cruise. Since $$$ are big factor right now for us, we probably wont see anyone anytime soon, but we can still dream!

Old July 26th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Sandie

I still keep in touch with a number of older friends that I met on all three River boat cruises, the Mississippi Queen, American Queen and the Delta Queen. I firmly believe that your paths cross, if even on a cruise, for a specific reason...most likely to enrich our lives........

Sandie
Old July 26th, 2002, 02:34 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: POLL- How Many STILL keep in touch with past tablema

Not table mates, but we still correspond with a couple we met at Karaoke every night, and another couple we met in lounges every night, from our first cruise about 2 1/2 years ago now. And, in fact, we always let them know when we're booking another cruise in case they can join us!

Second cruise, we travelled as a family, and there was less time to develop lasting relationships with others. One of the reasons we plan to only cruise as a couple most of the time from now on!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old July 26th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Admiral

We have lost touch with several, unfortunately. However, we met a nice couple from Colorado on the train to Dover, England, from London. They were on the way to our same cruise around the Baltic Capitals. We have stayed in close contact. They are joining us in December on the Zenith to South America, eventhough they have taken this cruise before on the Norwegian Dream. We also are tentatively planning to do Alaska 2003 and QM2 in 20004. We cannot wait to see them again.
Old July 26th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Admiral

What's even more fun is tripping over someone you've cruised with before on another cruise.

You kind of sit there, squint your eyes, and think, "Hey, I have met those people before."

Old July 26th, 2002, 03:11 PM
First Mate

I tried to keep in touch with our tablemates from 11/2000, but alas it did not work out. It would be interesting though to find out how they have been: two couples were honeymooners and one couple was celebrating two years.
Old July 26th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Admiral

We will be cruising for the third time with Donna and Tony from Cinn. Ohio on the Summit in October. We met for the first time On Celebrity Horizon almost 5 years ago.
We have a collection of baby pictures and wedding photos from tablemates over the years.
Most touching was that on Sept. 12 , knowing we are New Yorker's, we were contacted
by a number of former cruise mates to check on us and our family and friends. This included a call from London and an email from Bermuda.
We seem to always have cordial tablemates, not all are stiil in contact, but others will remain "corresponding" friends for a long time.
If you think about it, when ,besides on a cruise, do you spend several hours a night dining and talking with anyone for 7 to 14 or so days in a row? You really get to know some people fairly well in that amount of time. I don't even sit down to dinner with my wife that many days in a row (except when we cruise).
Old July 26th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Since we always, without exception take a table for two... unless we're traveling with family... we always, without exception keep in touch with our table mates!
Old July 27th, 2002, 12:49 AM
thedreamweaver

We still e-mail our tablemates from our last cruise on the Norway. All five were from Windsor, Canada, and were lovely people. Unfortunately, they are sailing again in October, and we in November.
TRUE STORY - On my first cruise out of St. Thomas, my lovely (former) wife and I were seated the first night at a large table in the dining room on the "Windstar". We were very surprised to learn that the couple seated next to us were also from Greensboro, N.C., and lived less than a mile down the road from us!
But here's the clincher - when we again sailed on a Windstar ship ten months later out of Bridgetown, Barbados, we immediately went to the aftdeck to watch the sunset. We were directed to a table where another couple was already seated, and found ourselves staring face to face at the SAME COUPLE from our hometown!
Aren't cruises amazing?
Old July 27th, 2002, 12:52 AM
thedreamweaver

Oops! - I forgot to add that we had no idea they would be on the same ship, as we had not kept in touch with them after our first cruise.
Old July 27th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Yes, We keep in touch with many of our table mates, Trivia Teams, and other friends we have met on cruises/tours. Many includes folks from Australia, Scotland, Germany, South Africa, Isreal, Canada and more. There is so many that time does not allow me to tell about them here and now. So I will reserve the space and tell you when we meet again, someplace, somewhere or a visit to my house our your house.
Old July 27th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Definitely keep in touch with table mates, trivia partners, crew ... it's part of the pleasure of cruising meeting these nice people from all over the U.S. and a friend in Scotland.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old July 31st, 2002, 02:55 PM
Happy Camper

Not really with table mates but we have kept in touch with others we meet on the ship. One couple we met in 1995 we have visited and kept in touch with - they still cruise but we can't seem to hook up for one - different times and ports. Another we have visited and seen a couple of times and keep in touch with. Also this last cruise we met a couple from Chicao and we have stayed in contact with them and probably will see them again. Also we met a couple when we were cruising with friends and they were part of our friends' wedding a couple of years later. We see them too usually through our other set of friends which goes to see them regularly every year. All the others have slowly faded out of our lives. All the above except for the couple from Chicago were not table mates but the ones from Chicago were. We usually cruise alone and meet many people on board. Even those we do not stay in contact with have enriched our lives in one way or another and we are really glad we met them... Debbie