Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Passenger

Default 1st time cruiser ?

I'm lucky to have stumbled on your forum site. I am going to cruise for the 1st time in late Oct. I'd like to ask your experiences on the following: Has anyone ever stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th St. in Ft. Lauderdale? Has anyone been on the Golden Princess lately and what was it like? Has anyone been onboard a cruise during Halloween? Does anyone have comments on what I should expect the weather to be like? I'd appreciate anyone's comments, suggestions. I am excited but nervous at the same time. Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 1st time cruiser ?

Hi Jud,
Just some additional information for a first timer, some good tips and info:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...time/index.cfm

We were on Golden over New Years and I think you will be very impressed with the food and service, entertainment was also good, have seen better, but still enjoyable. There are lots of activities during the day, be sure to read through the Princess Patter every evening to help you decide what you want to see/do the following day. Took me a few days to figure out the best way to navigate onboard, kept hitting some "dead" ends, but once we figured it out, we were OK.

As long as there are not any threatening weather then, you should have warm days/sunny skies, enjoy! Don't forget to pack that sunscreen, the sun if very strong down there.

As your cruise gets closer, I'm sure you will have more questions, don't hesitate to post them here, there is always someone that can answer them for you :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 29th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Passenger

Thank you Mike and Donna for all your info. I explored all the links you two posted and I am really excited. It was a big help. Thank you again. I will contact you if I have anymore questions. Maybe I will submit my review to you when it's all over : (

Happy cruising! Judee
Old July 30th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Judee,
Looking forward to reading your review!

Message Boards Moderator