Am bantering around some ideas for discussion/research topics for a course I'm teaching this fall. This is a beginning IT class. I like to come up with topics that they have to research each week and bring back to class.
I'm interested in knowing what topical areas you think may be interesting and if you would share them with me, I'd appreaciate.
Many deal with security issues, such as:
1) what can you do to protect your home computer
2) what can you do to protect your family from unwanted sites
3) work related issues and the Internet - working from home, email
4) what role does/should the government play in the Internet? Such as, should the government monitor Internet sites to trend any suspicious activity?
5) computer related crime.
1) What should you do if your computer IS infected with a virus?
2) What if it prevents you from turning on your computer?
3) What possible consequenses could occur if you accidentally delete a dll file?
4) Discuss the major differences between HTML and SGML.
5) How did the Internet/WWW begin?