Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Default Suite: what are the bonuses?

Just booked the category "C" on the Navigator. Splured a bit but it gives us a great big balcony and we are aft back deck 7 middle.
Does anyone know the perks booking a suite? I know someone said you get concierge service too. I assume we have to tip him/her? How much? Thanks for the help ....
Do we get some robes etc? Chocolate strawberries? Yummy>>>>>>>
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Suite: what are the bonuses?

Hi Sue,

IN RCCL's mind - a "Cat C" really isn't a suite. They consider suites "Cat B and above".

If you ask for a robe, they will provide one. Cat B and above cabins get daily treats delivered to their rooms but Cat C's don't get this.

Conceriage Service is also provided for "Cat B" and above and I believe "Diamond Crown and Anchor" members also have access to this. Because RCCL missprinted several brochures, they have been known to give Cat C cruisers keys to the Counceriage Lounge if you politely ask the right person. On our last cruise we had a Cat C and April was able to score a key with some smooth talking but otherwise it is not automatic.

On a positive note - the Cat C cabins are very nice. We had one on Radiance and the extra room was worth it! You will not be disappointed in the room.

You may want to look at CruiseCritic website - there are several discussions on this topic on that board.

Theresa
Old July 30th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Suite: what are the bonuses?

Thanks Theresa, we are crown&anchor members.Well, I go by what the brochure says and what I paid! Hope I will get what I paid for and read...thanks again
Old July 31st, 2002, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Suite: what are the bonuses?

Theresa,
I paid $1100 more to get what was printed in the brochure. Not too happy but I did call RCCL and they helped me out. They just needed my booking number and they will put it in the computer to give us EVERYTHING that comes with a suite. She said they would honor it because the brochure says it has it. Otherwise I would of cancelled.
I can't believe this site has had not heard of more booking problems due to the error in the brochure. I owe you Theresa , due to your knowledge I was able to fix this before it became a problem. Thank you!