Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2002, 04:30 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne
Default Finally booked.....

Got our confirmation email just a few minutes ago. We are booked for the March 17 cruise on the Brilliance. Looks like I will be able to meet up with Sue!

Suzanne, who thinks this is very exciting as it is her first official cruise booking!
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2002, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Finally booked.....

Suzanne:
Congrats! It is a great feeling isn't it?

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 1st, 2002, 01:54 PM
Admiral

Congrats Suzanne,,,,sure wish I had a cruise booked !!! Just call me green !!!

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old August 1st, 2002, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Suz,
Thats just soooooo

Now, get that countdown clock going :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 1st, 2002, 05:04 PM
First Mate

Thanks for all the congrats!

Have to tell you what I did this evening......

Dh had no idea that the confirmation came through today so I thought I would surprise him.

He always comes through the front door to immediately go upstairs and hang up his tie. Well, I put this one small chair on the stairs so he couldnīt go up and a sign on the railing that said "follow the trail". I cut out pictures from our 10th brochure from this one cruiseline that has us stuck in their system and made a trail to the fridge. When I saw him pull up the drive way I placed a glass of champagne along the trail, too. I put a small stool in front of the fridge with a few chocolate covered strawberries (fresh from our "Konditorei") and then a red cardboard arrow pointing up. The fridge was decked out in streamers left over from New Yearīs Eve and yet more cut outs. The only other thing hanging on the fridge was the print out of our confirmation. I was half expecting him to just grab it and say "whatīs for dinner?" á la Al Bundy but he didnīt. I came into the room and he asked me where my glass was and we toasted to our cruise!

We then enjoyed a nice salad for dinner while dh tried to convince me that I have lost it but that is why he loves me so much. He finally got to take his tie off and we enjoyed a nice long walk with our dog and watched the ships pass by on the Elbe.

Suzanne, whose dh wants to have the confirmation laminated at work because heīs convinced I will have it worn out by tomorrow evening.
Old August 1st, 2002, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Are you sure you haven't written a novel at some time or other?

What a neat thing to do. I bet your dh has gotten used to your surprises by now. You sure know how to put fun into your lives.

Glad to hear about your cruise booking, and it was fun talking with you a little in the chat room this afternoon.

Phyll
Old August 2nd, 2002, 12:42 AM
First Mate

Hi there, Phyll!

Nope, I never have written a novel....think I should? I actually do write every day though. One of my high school teachers got me hooked on journal writing. She made us write for 10 minutes in class each and every school day. A timer was set and we were told our pen was not to leave the paper until the timer went off. I still do that - timer and all. One of my small bookcases is now full of journals...written and unwritten. When I see one that I like, I buy it. A nice journal is hard to find.

Since I only work on 5 brain cells, Iīve found them to be invaluable for jogging my memory. For example, tonight we are going out with a couple that we havenīt seen since 2001. I found the journal that had the entry about our last visit. Although I remember we had a nice evening, I didnīt remember what we had talked about, etc.. From my journal I learned we talked about dogs, which they donīt like so that will be a conversation I wonīt start up. They also talked about their vacations in Indonesia and Thailand so that would be something to follow up on. She had also just started up her own business and he had just been promoted. I also wrote that she used a lot of perfume so I had better take my allergy meds before we go!

Dh has gotten used to my surprises. Awhile back he told me that he would like to get good news, etc. without the surprise. How boring! Shortly after that we got good news about something or another and I just handed the letter over to him. No surprise. No nothing. He was disappointed! The good news just wasnīt as special, he said.

Iīve done some good surprises, too. When he picked up his new car, I had filled the car up with balloons. We went through a terrible tax mess last year and when the letter stating we were indeed getting our refund finally arrived, I made him a special dinner. I put the letter on a silver platter and served that to him for dessert (which we donīt eat.) I figured the good news was sweet enough!

Was fun chatting with you, too. Hopefully we will get to do that again soon, too.

Suzanne