Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Admiral

Default My husband offered me a 20th anniversary cruise! Any Ideas?

Next year end of March will be our 20th wedding anniversary. Last night my husband casually said: What would you like to do? Guess what I said? You guessed it! A cruise!!!! Now the only problem will be time.I doubt we can go in March since we will take a cruise in january. We will be taking the kids too.....
So any romantic ideas? The early summer is best and I like to stay with RCCL. Never went to hawaii....butI rather not fly because we can save the money and just drive to Miami or Ft.Lauderdale. I was thinking a disney cruise but that's not RCCL.
Thanks and happy cruising guys.....
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Default Re: My husband offered me a 20th anniversary cruise! Any Ide

Romantic idea? Leave the kids with Grandma !!!

I'd suggest any one of the Millie class ships because of the specialty restaurants for you "big day" even if you're delaying it for a while.

Old August 5th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Depending on the age of the kids, leave them with grandma. If old enough, get their own cabin.
Romance? Not on a disney ship full of kids. Try Rccl, Celebrity or my personal favorite, Princess.
Romance is in your heart, and your head and your soul, not on the ship.
Take your cruise and love each other

Old August 5th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: My husband offered me a 20th anniversary cruise! Any

We don't have any family here so we can not leave them behind. But 2 different rooms is a great idea. Thanks for the input and the soonest I have found something I let you know.
Old August 5th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

If the chidren are old enough get them an inside cabin right across from a balcony cabin. This way there is enough room for everyone. The Voyager class ships have great kid programs and lots for the adults to do also.
Old August 5th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sue,
I actuallly like VQ's idea with any Voyager class ship and a seperate cabin for the kids, would be wonderful for the whole family :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 5th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Yes, I like VQ's idea also. Seperate but not "lost". I wonder if RCCL would let us do seperate cabins for them. They are 9 , 11 by next year they be a bit older.I think I tried to book this once before and they said can't do unless the kids are 18. Is this true?
Anyway I have not looked at another cruise. My husband is still in shock from the last 2 bookings.<>I know he will like the next one.I started to look at Crystal cruise "symphony" I think from Ft lauderdale next dec03. Don't have a price yet just looked at the site.Not sure about the kids program.But considering the voyager class ships I am almost positive after going on the Navigator we will be hooked!

Enchantment 2000
Majesty 2001
Inaugural cruise Navigator of the Seas Dec12, 2002
Navigator of the Seas Jan 25'03
Old August 5th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Congratulations on 20 years and a cruise to boot! Dave and I will celebrate 20 years on the 14th and the best I'm hoping for is dinner at a great Japanese restaurant downtown....When we took the kids to Alaska (they were 12 and 10) we got them there own cabin...sort of....travel agent booked the cabins one for my daughter and I and one for my son and husband. Of course hubby and I stayed together and the kids were next door. Oddly enough we had different cabin stewards. The kids steward really went out of his way for them....even came and found me when he saw the kids leave with my sister in law....he didn't know she was related to us. This was on RCCL.
Angela Z.
Old August 5th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Admiral

I'd leave the kids behind and try Radisson. Maybe take a repositioning cruise to Europe. Or Radisson Seven Seas Navigator has some rt out of FLL in Mar/Apr. Compare bottom lines and Radisson with their frequent two for ones are probably as inexpensive as suites/balconies on other lines.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 6th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Angela, congrats to you too! It is rare in these times to find couples to stay together that long. Intersting story about your cabin booking. I think this is what RCCL had told me too. But what about connecting rooms? donna I tend to agree with you....

Marc: Great idea with europe but I have been in all of europe due to the fact that I am german. The place that I would like to revisit is Holland but even there I have been many times before I married. I just love amsterdam with all the museums.There is an entire building dedicated to the art work of Vincent Van Googh. The Reichsmuseum has rembrand too, famous nightwatch painting. Ah, I am rambeling off sorry.I love paintings and art and it kind of got lost the last 20 years of being here in the USA.
Anyway, not bringing the kids is not an option. When we come back from our colorado trip I will research all the great ideas you guys gave me....Thanks again you are a nice bunch.....

Enchantment 2000
Majesty 2001
Inaugural cruise Navigator of the Seas Dec12, 2002
Navigator of the Seas Jan 25, 2003
Old August 6th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Hi, Sue ...

I'd get a balcony cabin for yourself and husband (quite romantic) and put the kids in an inside across the hall. (Saves money, something of which I am quite fond.)

As someone suggested, book the "boys" in one cabin and the "girls" in another. Or, one kid and one adult per cabin.

Let me also suggest that you pick up some two-way radios so you can keep a handle on the kids if you're off doing something else. They're not that expensive and everyone who's ever used them says they're great.

I'm guessing your kids are probably in their early teens if you have been married 20 years? Set some boundaries (as in, the Do Not Disturb sign means THEM, too!) and have a great cruise.

Old August 6th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Pamda, we have 3 girls ages 19, 9, 11. The oldest moved out and will not be joining us on the cruise. I will ask RCCL what the rules are with the cabins. The next two cruises we are going on will have banconies. I can't wait! I heard the aft cabins Cat C has huge balconies. I think we will be forever spoiled.

Just took another look in my Crown&Anchor book with the coupons in. There is a discount for the april26 03 cruise on the Navigator. Now I am not sure if we would like to do the Navigator again.it would be like 3 times Navigator in 5 month. Have to call my TA next week and get some prices.
happy cruising....