Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Default Australian Travel Requirements

Several weeks ago, I posted a question about the Australian Visa. My question, which was never definitively answered, was, does this visa come with the travel docs if we do the airfare thru Princess.

The responses were that 1) it could be obtained online via a website and 2) that the TA is supposed to do this.

Well, I have received a fax from Princess that states, and I quote "For your convenience we have arranged for an Australian Visa to be provided.."

So, if you do the airfare thru Princess, it is included, which was what I figured, since this was the way it was done the other year on the Grand Princess in the Med for Turkey.
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Australian Travel Requirements

CA.. the Australian travel requirement is to TAKE ME WITH U!! <G>

Old August 10th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Admiral

No can do dude ! you are on your birthday bash while I'm celebrating my birthday 'down under'
Old August 10th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

CA I think this is exactly what I told you earlier. The cruise line does it or the TA will at no cost.

Hope you have a great time. Be there before you, I think. Should enter Australian waters in Early December.

Ray
Old August 11th, 2002, 03:57 AM
First Mate

Hello Everyone........

I am "cruisecrazy" but being from Australia unfortunately can't get to too many as we are on the opposite side of the world as well as our money v.s your US$ is just yuk!! (Fantastic for you guys though!) But that doesn't stop my family and I - we are going on the Infinity on 27th from Vancouver - Hawaii for 12 nights, can't wait.....

I hope you all have a fantastic time here "down under" but don't forget - it can be pretty hot here that time of year, especially in the Cairns, Queensland area ....... If you have any Aussie questions - don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a great trip!
Old August 11th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Cruisecrazy--You did not say where in Australia you dwell in. We will be in Fremantle (Perth) Dec 7, Albany Dec 8, Melbourne Dec 12, Burnie Dec 13 and disembarking from the Regal Princess in Sydney on Dec 15. Let us know maybe we can contact.

Ray
Old August 11th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Hey, Ray ....

Don't forget the mens' room experience in Melbourne !!!

Did you know that Melbourne has the world's third-largest Greek population after Athens and Solonika?

I'm just full of interesting factoids. That may be why I can't remember what I had for dinner last night.
Old August 11th, 2002, 06:16 PM
First Mate

Hi Ray
Sounds like you are going to have seen more of Australia than me.... I live in Sydney - the very best part of Australia (but I am very very biased!!). How long will you be in Sydney for before you depart to return to US?

Pamba
Don't be fooled - there are many parts of Sydney you have to be just as careful in the mens room!!! :-) Especially Kings Cross.... Oxford St particularly!
Old August 13th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Australian Travel Requirements

Well Ray, your original response was that the TA does it. You made no mention of the cruise line.

However, there is a charge, whether or not the cruise line does it for you or you do it for yourself.

Check out the website that Ernie recommended.
Old August 13th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Australian Travel Requirements

How long do you have in Fremantle? Weather should be great at that time of the year - just coming in to our summer. Fremantle has many historical buildings and made a lot of progress prior to the America's Cup defense. There is a cafe strip in South Terrace which is popular with the locals. There is also the fishing boat harbour - good for seafood. Fremantle Port is at the mouth of the Swan River. Perth is our capital city and is situated on the Swan River (about half an hour drive from Fremantle). Must go to Kings Park - a bush parkland with great views of the Perth and the Swan river. We are spoilt with some of the best beaches around Cottesloe and Scarborough probably worth seeing-can drive along the coast to Hillarys Boat harbour. Western Australia also has some great wines if that is interest to you. Albany is a very pretty spot , that is where one of the first settlements began, usually a little cooler than Perth. Hope this of interest to you and would be glad to reply to any other queries you may have. By the way Perth is one of the most isolated cities in the world and one of the best kept secrets!
Old August 14th, 2002, 12:12 AM
Beginner

If you are from the United States there is no need for a visa. Australia and the US have reciprocal agreements on visa entry. This means no actual visa required, unlike a couple of years ago when you had to fill out forms, send them off to the Embassy (with your passport) and get a visa put in your passport. You must however have a valid passport (at least 6 months on it) and that's all.

Hope this helps
Old August 14th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Admiral

It is not a paper visa, but an electronic one. As I have said, everyone must have one and there is a charge of $20 US for this, no matter who takes care of it.

ErnieMCC listed a good link if you need to do your own.

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/index.html