Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Aimee

Default Royal Caribbean vs Carnival

Can anyone compare royal Caribbean to carnival. Is one more fun? One geared more towards adults/kids? Does one have better food? Does one have better entertainment? We are kind of night owls so does one offer more things to do at night? Any Help Would Be Great!
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Royal Caribbean vs Carnival

Aimee.. Royal Caribbean and Carnival are very similar but different cruise experiences<G>
Both appeal to families.. especially the new Voyager Class RCI ships.
Both have pretty good entertainment-- though I'd give the edge to Carnival for more variety in their lounges.. mostly because they have more lounges on their ships.
Food is very subjective, and I'd personally give the edge to Carnival. Think their food has improved greatly in the last couple of years.

If you like nightlife, you'll find Royal Caribbean ships a bit quiet.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 15th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Happy Camper

I second that - RCL is much more quiet at night. We are night owls too and love Carnival. You are never the only ones up and there are at least 7 lounges with different things going on. Piano Bar, disco, oldies lounge, comedy acts etc..

Both have good kid programs

Average age on Carnival is more 40s and I'd say it is a bit higher on RCL.

RCL is classier and Carnival is a bit more like going to Las Vegas.

We like the food better on Carnival but to be more fair we haven't been on RCL in 6 years and we are going again in 2 months. The food was more bland on RCL catering to an older crowd and a bit more spicey and more veriety on Carnival.

The entertainment in the show lounge I like better on RCL.

Hope this helps. We choose the cruise line by the ports it visits and the price and usually Carnival wins out - they also have much larger cabins. But this time RCL won out. Rhapsody here we come in 58 days! Debbie
Old August 16th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Passenger

I am a travel agent and I sell both products. In my opinion, I like Carnival better. I believe both cruise lines appeal to family travel, especially with RCCL's new class of ships with the rock climbing walls and skating rinks. Some people mistake brass and glass for a better or more upscale product. Carnival has a totally different feel and they use alot of color. If sedate is what you are looking for with less nightlife, then look at RCCL. I also feel Carnival has THE BEST entertainment afloat! Food on both lines is pretty equal. I can also tell you that cabins are quite a bit larger on Carnival...in fact they probably have some of the largest cabins afloat. Carnival gets my vote!