Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Shrimpmama

Default Aft balcony

We have booked an aft cabin on the Explorer of the Seas for Sept 14-21.
Has anyone had a cabin here.. and if so.. are there chairs and a little table? We are hoping to have coffee out there in the morning.. again at night to watch the sea, and would love to know if there is a spot to put a cup or glass down etc. Also. can anyone tell me if there is a lot of motion or noise back there?? It sounded like such an awesome spot to be.. so decided to try it. Anyone else going to be sailing on that particular cruise?? Love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2002, 10:02 PM
BoozeBabe

Default Re: Aft balcony

If the aft cabins are anything like those on the Radiance you will love it. The balconies are much bigger than the ones on the sides. Looking at the plan in the brochure it looks like they are pretty big. On the Radiance we had a table and 2 chairs. We asked the cabin steward for a chaise lounge and she managed to get us 2 pool loungers. That was sweeeeeeet. For us it was a long walk though to the elevators. It doesn't look like thats the case on the Explorer.

It's not as windy back there either like it is on the side.

We sail on Sept 15 on the Grand Princess. If I see your ship I'll wave.
Old August 15th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Shrimpmama

Thanks for the reply.... will wave to your ship also, if I see it!!
I think if we don't have a little table.. we could ask for one maybe.. also the lounge chairs sound great.. hopefully will be able to get those. How comfortable can that be??
Can't wait till we can sail!! Have a great cruise BoozeBabe on the Grand Princess. We have family that will be on that ship in November..
Old August 18th, 2002, 12:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Just wanted to say HI and that we will be on the VOYAGER on Sept. 15 and hope to see your ships and wave at ya;ll too! We also booked an AFT cabin and have read more positives than negatives. The only real negative seems to be the LOOOOONG WALK back and forth but I guess the positive is the exercise will prevent extra cruise poundage. :-) happy cruising.., suzy
Old August 20th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Audrey

We had the aft balcony on the Explorer. IT WAS GREAT!!!!! We had 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs and 2 tables. We had room for 2 more chairs and then some. We are hooked on the aft cabins. Ours was on deck 7 corner. Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great time!
Audrey