Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Default Cheapest Cruise Ever???

I just booked a 2 night mini-cruise on the 09-28 sailing of the Ocean Princess. The ship sails from Vavcouver B.C. to San Francisco. The best part is the price $99 per person with a guaranteed cabin. What a great deal.

I also checked with Avis and I can rent a car from home (Vancouver, Wa.) to Vancouver, Canada for $78 plus tax with no drop off charge.. Our airfare back from Oakland is only $64 p.p. on Southwest.

I'm so excited, this is my best cruise deal, ever! And what a fun weekebd it will be.
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cheapest Cruise Ever???

Lock David in the closet. I'm on my way !!!
Old August 18th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Cheapest Cruise Ever???

Kewl!
Old August 18th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Wow!!!

Old August 18th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Okie/Tex

We got a certificate for a "free" 4 night cruise on one of Carnival's older ships out of Miami. It was from a travel club in Dallas if we would listen to their pitch to join the club. As it was, they overbooked and we did not have to listen but got the certificate anyway. I say "free" because we have to pay port charges of $130 or so each plus our own air. They said the value of the cruise was $1600 pp. Ya, right!

Good, bad or ugly, we figured it was worth a try for 4 nights. Have sent in the application to Carnival but don't have anything back yet. We'll see how it goes.

Okie
Old August 18th, 2002, 11:33 PM
First Mate

Great deal Chuck!. There seem to be some deals out there if you catch them. Have a great trip and remember you can take the Truck Crossing if the lineups are too long at Peace Arch. Check on AM1130 - you can receive it passing thru Bellingham.

richard
Old August 19th, 2002, 02:31 AM
Admiral

Thanks Richard! We'll try it.
Old August 19th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Location: Locust Grove VA (20 miles West of Fredericksburg VA)

Have fun! Sounds like a deal!

Old August 19th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Happy Camper

Have a great time! So far our best deal is $450 a person for the inside guarantee on RCL Rhapsody. Home port so no air. I've heard of better - but I'll take what I can get - yours sounds awesome! Debbie
Old August 21st, 2002, 02:12 AM
thedreamweaver

I sailed eight times on the Cape Canaveral ship, the Dolphin IV. Twice it cost me $99 total, including port charges. Four times it cost $120 for their two-night cruise. Twice I paid $180 total for the 4-night cruise to Freeport, Bahamas, & Key West. The food alone was worth twice the price, and the service was outstanding. I knew most everyone who worked on the ship, and they were the nicest crew you could ever ask for. They went out of business 2 years ago, about the same time that Premier cruise line (the Big Red Boat) went under. I really miss them, and not just 'cuz they had low cruise fares! I'm always hoping a "white knight" will come along and resurrect Cape Canaveral Cruise Line.
Old August 21st, 2002, 09:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

$359.00 port charges includes for an inside cabin on the Enchantment of the Sea RCCL. Eastern Carb.

We had been book on the Preimer Seabreeze to sail about 1 month after they went bankrupt.

My Travel Agent called us and told us Preimer was going to cease operations. I told him to find us another cruise with a different line.

Don
Old August 29th, 2002, 03:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

12 days Constellation Ultimate Caribbean
Old November 17th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

you want cheap. try RCCL rhapsody thanksgiving week for $477/ per person including port. cat m guarantee. you will never find that cheaper!
Old November 18th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Tonidee

Carnival had a special for the last 4 or 5 weeks, for a single person, having a cabin to themselves for a single price and not paying a supplement. My Mom got a outside cabin on the Ecstasy for $400. Normally she would have had to pay twice that amount as she travels alone.
Old November 18th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Admiral

My husband and I used to have the charge card where we accumed cruise dollars. We had gotten a total of $1600 off 2 cabins for 4 people on Carnival Triumph during spring break. This cost us a total of $2200 for all fees.

Then we also took a 3 day Carnival Fantasy with 3 people in an outside cabin and after our cruise dollars we paid $199.

Those were the best deals we had.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97