Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Joe Reynolds

Default Cruise Value Center

I was just wondering if anyone had any dealings with Cruise Value Center in booking your cruise. Just want to know if they are a good company to deal with and if they deliver as promised. Thanks for your help...
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2002, 09:53 PM
hugger

Default Re: Cruise Value Center

Joe
Haven't had any experience with Cruise Value Center as far as booking. However, would say that when I did some price checking that Lido Deck Cruises came up with the best pricing. Have been very happy with the service so far - not sailing until 11-9-02 - so far so good though.
Old August 20th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Joe,

I work with a local agent he has always gotten me the same prices I find anywhere on the net. The advantage is if something goes wrong he is there to fight for me. And once something did go wrong. The ship I was booked on went bankrupt. My agent called me actually two days before the public annoucement of the bankruptcy he had a friend working for the cruise line and they notified him to stop booking the ship that something was going wrong. He got my plane fare change and my money back then he found me another cruise for the same week for less money. I believe having a local Travel Agent is like the difference of having help next door or help in the next city. Help next door seem to make better sense to me especially if it doesn't cost me any more.

Also I have found when I look deeply into the advertised specials on the internet I normally find a loop hole large enough to charge me more money and put them on even keel with my agent.

All I can say is my TA has been great. He loves me I do all my own research then I call him and tell him what cruise I want to take and the price. He calls and agrues with the cruise line and takes my payment. He also get me upgrade above what I have found. Then he keeps me informed on everything i need to know about the cruise.

Don
Old August 20th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Joe Reynolds

Thanks for the info all. I decided to go ahead and go with my local TA. They were not able to get me the same price that i was quoted online, but i feel better being able to talk with someone face to face, and I feel that is worth a little more expense. My wife and I are booked on the Feb. 9th cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Thanks again for your input.