Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default It's Thursday, Rise and Shine!

Its 3:30 am..why am I not sleeping....grrr, and I have to get up to go to work too Hope all is well in Cruisemate Land today..If you are lucky, you won't read this till MUCH later.xoxox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity
Default Re: It's Thursday, Rise and Shine!

well it is 0930 here! This is it! My last shift WOO HOO! only another 91/2 hoursto go!
i got the shock of my life last night, my husband who is usually rubbish at secrets said he wanted to give me my anniversary present as i had just got his. he said he couldn't wait anymore. so he asks me to close my eyes and hold out my hands. knowing my husband i thought oh god, what is it? anyway i open my eyes and there is a little blue box in my hand, i open it and inside is the most beautiful diamond trilogy ring! i don't kbow if you have the trilogy rings in the US/Canada, but it is a ring with three diamonds in it, they are for your past, present and future! i am absoloutely thrilled to bits! i need it sizing, but i'll do that after my hols! he said he had visions of me passing out in the Britannia restaurant so he didn't want to cause a scene!
have a great day CMs
lexxity

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old July 29th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Up and out early today......time for some blood work at the lab for my son and I......just routine stuff.
Angela Z.
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning you all that are up and about already.
Well, vacation is over. Back to school for me yesterday. kids go back next Tues. It's been 10 years since I have worked full time. It's actually pretty exciting as this now helps to pay for more cruises. that's my mantra. I have a picture of our ship in Alaska on my desk ( Vision of the Seas) well, just heard DH's alarm go off, got to get him and kids up. Kids off to sitter's. My little pirate starts Kindergarden on Tues. Hard to believe. they keep asking when our next one is. Hmm.... maybe Santa will bring us one for spring break. Take care all. I've missed being on board as we have been on "vacation". That means that I haven't had a chance to even catch up on what is happening.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends! Lexx....what a wonderful surprise! Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart. Have a wonderful trip. I'm hoping today will be uneventful at work....I could use one of those! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: It's Thursday, Rise and Shine!

Good morning mates...we tried to get to bed early (9pm) but of course the phone rang, dogs had to go out, kids needed stuff. But by 1045pm we hit the pillows. Had a quiet day yesterday doing stuff with 2 girls.Today we are out again and getting those important snacks she needs while she is flying.

Anne it is so good to see you again! How about a get together in Tampa? What kind of cruise are you thinking about for spring? We are planning on another one next year with the 2 girls.

Lexxity that is a very sweet surprise! Enjoy your cruise too....

Have a wonderful day mates.......

Old July 29th, 2004, 05:59 AM
First Mate

Morning Ya'll!
It's 7:00am & I'm getting started @ work. Counting down. Sounds like some people are starting out the wknd right. Hope everyone has a good day & still praying for those in need & even those of you not in need.
have a good one!

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old July 29th, 2004, 06:29 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Another dull day here in northern VT. Temps will rise, but not a great deal of sunshine.

My highlight yesterday was picking up my pup at the vets. He was only gone 1 day, but I missed him terribly. He is now sporting one of those dreadful cones for 10 days. His neutering went well, though he does have an ear infectionn. So between all my meds and all his meds...it gets a little time consuming. He wants to get right back to his rowdy routine. It'll be hard trying to keep him calm for 10 days.

Not much on the docket for today. Work, scrapbooking, daughter's band concert.
Nothing very exciting on the horizon. I would like to get to a Pow Wow this weekend that is near by. It is a chance to reconnect with my Abenaki heritage. We don't get many opportunities to indulge in these types of cultural celebrations in Vermont. Hopefull it all works out.

Hope everyone has something to look forward to today.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old July 29th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Yeoman

Another ho-hummer here in Tidewater. Looking for another humid and sticky day. Just countin' the days till the 6th. Hope all have a super day.
SSaFWs..ED
Old July 29th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning, One and All!
Right now the sun is shining and it's very humid already here in Avon Park,Fl.We have a 60% chance of rain which will start from the East and to West.So, we get it before Sue, in Tampa. We had a pretty good storm last night, still, starting around 8 PM or so.Lots of lightning.
It will be a relatively light day at work and I don't have anywhere to go tonight, so, I can relax a little.Perhaps I'll put some greenware pieces into the kiln at work before the rains and storms, and fire them, so the Residents will have something to glaze or paint.

It's donut day again--every Thursday- so off I go to get ready in a couple of minutes! Have a wonderful day, Everybody ! Lynne

Old July 29th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Admiral

I have risen but absolutely refuse to shine! I went downstairs at 4 am (as usual) to go to work and found 3 teenage girls sprawled all over the couch in the family room. I was taking our little Shih Tzu out for her morning bathroom break. When I brought her back in I said "Isabelle, go see Mikie!" She ran in there and kissed all three. One of her friends looked at me and said "What time is it?" I told her and she said "It does suck to be an adult!", then rolled over and went back to sleep. They will be up at the crack of noon.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 29th, 2004, 07:07 AM
First Mate

Good morning folks from central alberta, Up early to take son to his golf tourny. later its into my garage to finish cleaning from water damage
Old July 29th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Yeoman

Great Morning to all, today is my day off! Got lots of things to get done, and the sun is shining, and looks to be a great day in NE Ohio.

congrats Lexxity, what a great hubby yu must have, enjoy your cruise!

Trying to catch up on the message boards this morning before I get startee on my work at home. Have a great day all mates!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old July 29th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..as many CM that have posted this early in the morning I thought I missed the morning and it was afternoon..so many early risers..
Congrats Lexxy..a cruise and a ring..boy! that is nice..good to see all of you up and at it this morning..Hope you have a good day and please stay safe

Old July 29th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs,

I hope everyone continues having a good day. Lexxi, congratulations on your anniversary. Your Husband sounds like a real gem!! Sue, glad to hear thatt hings are going better, hope it continues. Have a great day everyone.

Jeanne

Old July 29th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal. My you guys are up early this morning!
Lexxity, what a nice surprise! I like the significance of "past, present and future".
Trip, you need to get more sleep!
Angela, watch out for those needles!
Anne, good to see you back onboard. I misread your post; when you talked about your son starting school and then said "they are asking when our next one is" and you said maybe Santa will bring one for spring break, I thought you meant another BABY!! !!
Mary Lou, have a good day at work, CaribbeanCats you too!
Sue, wishing you a calm and peaceful day....
VTJen, we just had a Pow Wow at the Khanewake reserve (Mohawk) near Montreal. I've been to a few in the past, they are very interesting and fun.
Doug, "been there, done that" (teens on the couch), and yes, sometimes it does suck to be an adult!
bigjohn, sometimes I feel like your our "daddy", always looking out for us and reminding us to stay safe. It's a nice feeling.

OMG! I think I see sun peeking through the 3 days of cloud! It does feel warmer and more humid today too, temps are going up to 30C again by tomorrow...summer is back in Montreal!

donna

Old July 29th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Aye Mates,
Things are cranking at work, and we are having some Internet issues as well, so I haven’t posted much. You all know the weather here in S. Fl.. It rains a little almost every day, to keep the sauna effect going. A good observation…I’ve noticed that the Health problems seem to be subsiding on the CM board.
Still not able to nail down a cruise yet but I’m trying (ask anyone around here…I’m very trying).
Lexxity, its your lucky day…I happen to size rings for free! Just send it to me.<BG> Don’t forget to insure it.<VBG> By the way I’ll have some Properties for sale real soon. In a couple weeks, a very nice property around Calgary, nice time of the year to be in Canada…By the way, If you buy this house I’ll throw in a famous Hotel Bar.lol
Have a great day everyone.

and laughing is contagious,
here’s hoping for an epidemic!
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates... somebody stop me, I'm looking up cruises!

Have a great Thursday. Today is my Friday so I'm happy. Three-day weekend, here we come! Mark's car died recently so we are down to one car and are searching for another. Here's hoping we find it this weekend.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old July 29th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy WI.

Trip, I hope you get to sleep in a little longer tomorrow morning. The group I meet with once a week at 5AM for coffee started because people couldn't sleep past 4AM. One of the ladies decided to just get dressed, grab a book and head to the local coffee shop. The rest is history. I still have to set my alarm to get up that early, but I'm not complaining.

Anne, it's good to see you back with us. I have to say, I thought the same thing as Donna when you talked about your Christmas surprise!

Lex, congratulations on the beautiful gift. Isn't it great when those husbands pull off those kind of surprises every once in a while.

Think I'll work on my Alaska scrapbook later. I've never done one before, and it's a half hearted attempt at best, but it's kind of fun reliving the cruise/tour as I do it.

Have a good one all.
Phyll

Old July 29th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.
It is a beautiful morning here in Minnesota. Clear and low humidity are in the forecast for today. Yesterday we had a good day. We took our granddaughter to a local county fair and had a great time. She enjoyed the petting zoo and the animals. She also became permanently attached to a carousel horse. Luckily she ran out of steam before we ran out of tickets, so the jaws of life did not need to be employed. :-) Grandma is still spinning but she also enjoyed it.

Today will be a lawn mowing day and some gardening.

Lex: Nice gift. I'll print out your post and put it under my wife's pillow. But change it to cruise tickets :-)

I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:39 AM
L&S80

Morning form the still wram Pacific Northwest.........guess we're getting y'alls weather here............haven't had rain in weeks!!!! <S>
Hope all are doing well..........have a great Thursday
lexxity.......cingrats.........those are georgous rings!!!!!

Sharon
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's back to work today, so don't get to enjoy a gorgeous Calgary summer day.

Think it's finally happened.... I miss Mrs. Kuki and the boys. I know it's true, because I almost look forward to going to work and have my staff aggravate me.... no one to aggravate me at home <G>

Only 16 sleeps until I'm cruising... can tell it's getting close because the pre cruise butterflies have begun in my stomach, as my excitement builds.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 29th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone from (looking outside...)Sunny Vancouver.I am off to work very soon. Youngest is still sick and the oldest will have to stay home with her from art classes.Youngest will also miss her private Ballet lesson!
Lexx-present sounds nice! And I will keep researching Hyde when I get a chance!
Candymaker-another Cdn, eh?!!!!
Phyll- 5am -out for coffee!! Early!
Anne-I thought the same as a few others for a second too!-baby, not cruise
Everyone have a good day;maybe talk in chat tonight to some of you. Take care. Brenda in Vancouver

Old July 29th, 2004, 09:49 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: It's Thursday, Rise and Shine!

Good morning from Southern California where it's still cool, but I'm sure tht won't last long.

Not much on the slate today. I think I'll take Keith out for a nice seafood lunch.

Everyone have a terrific Thursday.

J.
Old July 29th, 2004, 10:02 AM
First Mate

Good morning from Seattle where the weather is warm and the drinks are...hot, yep its summer time in the Pacific Northwest and capitial of the coffee drinkers. Hope you are all having a good day.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old July 29th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Admiral

H E Y !!! J A S O N !!!!!!..got time for a quick flight to Calgary?..Kuki needs our help..He has run out of some one to aggitate him..think he needs help with laundry..Oh wait a minute..HE needs some one to aggravate him..I will meet you in Memphis..
I think we can Git er Done....

Old July 29th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Denise H

good moring trip it looks like its goinng to me anthor nice day her in mpls i hope you are doing well today