Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Admiral

Default Two weeks and two days

Ok-- Yes I finally got my passport-- just took two weeks and two days to get here. Question-- what do you keep yours in-- to keep it safe and so the pages dont get too bent or messed up ? open for any and all suggestion as to what I should keep my in. Just wish I had some cruise planned that I need it for--but am working on that too
Cheers April
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2002, 11:09 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Two weeks and two days

Congratulations on being the proud owner of your very own Passport.

Bet Donna is pleased. After all she wanted you to get this last Christmas !! <VBG>

I just keep mine 'at the ready' !!

Pacific Princess Papeete to Sydney

Old August 27th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Admiral

I keep mine (and Queeg's) in a locked roll-top desk. Then the challenge is to remember where I hid the key.

Old August 28th, 2002, 12:04 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne

my passport is now 8 years old (new one is on its way thanks to the tip about the price increase here!) and still looks pretty good! I keep it in a leather folder of sorts that i carry in my purse. my passport has seen lots of abuse but is pretty durable...it certainly doesn´t look that old. if i onlöy looked like my passport picture.......hmmmmmm.....

if i know i don´t need my passport, then i keep it in our fireproof safe.

suzanne
Old August 28th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

That is where I keep mine in the fireproof safe, best place . When needet just place in Travel wallet, thats it Auguste
Suzanne, if only I look as good as the passport, the picture now that is another story, oh my
Old August 28th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Admiral

We keep our passports in fireproof safe here at home when we aren't using them. They really still look good as new after 5 years. (course we haven't gotten to use them to often)

Glad to hear that you have yours. I'm sure there will be a reason to use it before to long.

Phyll
Old August 28th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Well at least I'm ol -- we have a fireproof gunsafe-- huge to say the least-- now if I can only remember the combo and open it to--- very tricky but very very safe-- Never knew that passport were that well made---
Thanks for all the info---- and yes my pictures isnt all that bad.
Cheers
April
Old August 28th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

We keep ours in the Bank Safety Box until a week before a trip/cruise. Have added one set pages and now only have about 2 pages left before it is needed to add another set of additional pages. Expires in 2006 so I will have to get more pages upon return in December. Passports do not deteriorate. They are made of very good material.

Ray
Old August 29th, 2002, 10:40 AM
susancruzs

My current one expires 1/03 so I sent in early and seeing as they cashed the check, I'm assuming it is on the way! First time my picture looks decent. My other two were on the scarey side! They sure do hold up well and I keep mine in a lock box at home.

Used to do the bank routine but got tired of doing the safe deposit routine right before a trip.

Susan will be cruisin with CruiseMates