Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2002, 03:12 PM
BoozeBabe

Default Have you met new people that....

....you have kept in touch with after a cruise?

We met a couple 2 years ago this October who we kept running into around the ship. We ate lunch with them a couple times. I took a picture of the wife in the slot tournament and told her I would e-mail it to her. Upon return I did just that. We chatted on-line several times and realized me were married the same year, graduated the same year, even had kids named similarly (theirs-Michelle and Denise, ours-Michael and Dennis) creepy huh?

They live about 150 miles from us. Last year we were planning a trip to Vegas and lo and behold guess who was going to be there the same time as us? We arranged to meet up with them for a dinner. Well, we spent the rest of the trip "bumming"with them. It has blossomed into a nice friendship.

Do any of you have similar stories?
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2002, 03:18 PM
MarieA

Default Re: Have you met new people that....

We still email several of our previous cruise-mates - and last year we met a wonderful couple on the Zaandam, the ship's engineer and his wife. Enjoyed their company and emailed occasionally. When we booked our November cruise on the Statendam I wrote to tell them and said I wished it was the Z so we could see them again - got an email back . . . he'd been reassigned to the Statendam and they'll be on the sailing with us! Can't wait to see them again.
Old August 30th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Admiral

On Celebrity Horizon several years ago Gram started chatting with a lady next to her at the pool. We ran into her and her husband here and there over the next few days and started meeting for a drink or show as well. We kept in touch and actually planned to cruise together a year later. Circumstances prevented that, but a year after that we did 14 days on the Mercury through the Panama Canal together. I have never enjoyed 14 days of travel more. Donna and Tony still stay in touch and Oct 28 we are going on the Celebrity Summit and they will be with us once again. They live in Ohio and we live in NY . We keep up with phone, email and the occassional card.
We are still in touch with probably a dozen folks we've met cruising and have been invited to weddings and get baby pictures from honeymooners we dined with.
After Sept. 11 we even received a call from England . Gerald Hart (a tablemate on the Panama Canal cruise) was just checking on us knowing we were New Yorker's.
When you think about it, you get to know someone pretty well on a cruise. Can anyone remember the last time they sat down for dinner 2 hours at a time 14 days in a row with all of their family?
Old August 30th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Yes, we have kept in touch with several folks we met while cruising. I feel like they are dear friends. We hope to cruise with them again some day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 30th, 2002, 05:38 PM
First Mate

We keep in contact with several previous cruise mates.

As a matter of fact we are having one couple visit us on the 10th of September that we met on the Sky Princess in 2000. They live in Great Falls Montana.

We have had quite a few visit here and us to their homes.

Pacific Princess Papeete to Sydney

Old August 31st, 2002, 01:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

We still email with a few people we've met on cruises.

I loved it this year, we got a slew of Christmas cards from cruise buddies.

That is so wonderful about cruises -- people let their guard down and open themselves to new people.

I think cruisers are like RV people -- we're a special breed.

Harry
Old August 31st, 2002, 05:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

We met on our first cruise on the Sensation in 2000 a group of people who were travelling together from the US. We had a lot of fun with them on our first cruise and they made us "cruisewise" ) Over the past two years we now and then kept in contact by E-mail with one couple. When we booked the Pride for January and stay after the cruise a week in Florida, I send an E-mail to them if they would like to meet up with us in Florida.
Well, to make our now almost daily chat a short story, they come with us on the Pride and invited us to stay at their place for a couple of days before we fly back to Holland to meet up with some of the others of the group.

So, you never know how "first contacts" work out, but I know I love to seem them again and can hardly wait.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old August 31st, 2002, 10:34 AM
pamda & Queeg

Yep ...

And a lot of them are right here !!!
Old September 5th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Happy Camper

We don't usually sail again with the ones we meet because we pick our cruise for what we want and do not rearrange it. We do keep in touch though and see them on land. One couple we met in 1994 and have seen a few times on land and keep in touch with called and asked when we were going - ours was one of the ships they were looking at. I did convince them to take our cruise ship but he ended up having a business meeting that week and they are going 3 weeks later. SOOO CLOSE! We couldn't rearrange as it was too close in and because we really wanted to go and go now and three weeks seemed like forever! Debbie