Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2002, 10:35 PM
Admiral

Default What is the matter ....

with people?

We went almost five weeks without any measurable rain here in the mid-Atlantic area and every night on the news there were people complaining because there were water restrictions.

Now, we've got a Nor'Easter which has been doing some delicious dumping and there are people all over the news complaining because the rain is messing up their holiday weekend.

Sigh.

Kinda like the people who want to be guaranteed perfect weather on their cruises and then get annoyed because they don't have it.

Grrr.

Just a small rant.

Old September 1st, 2002, 10:46 PM
AR

Default Re: What is the matter ....

Just finished up a major Maryland blue crab orgy long planned for the outdoors today. However, the "horrible" rains forced us to move the "tables" (newspaper-covered old doors on saw horses) into the garage. Left the door open and enjoyed the rain while 10 of us downed well over a bushel.

A good time was had by all and we toasted the rains with large amounts of bottled amber liquid.

AR
Old September 1st, 2002, 10:50 PM
Passenger

Pamda, Good rant, Send the rain out here to S. California. The last measureable precip at our place was July 01. We won't gripe. 104 degrees today, and no, it was not "dry" heat.

Whine, Joe
Old September 2nd, 2002, 01:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Had to cancel plans for our weekend at Deep Creek Lake. But we needed the rain so bad, that we all just shrugged our shoulders, cleaned the house and garage, and went out to dinner instead!

Gave us the weekend to start getting our packing lists together for the cruise in less than 2 weeks!

We still need 7 inches of rain to get us back to normal....but the rain over the past week has REALLY put the green back in the grass! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!

Take Care, All!!
Jaime
Old September 2nd, 2002, 01:32 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne

have sun - want rain.
have rain - want sun.

strange how that becomes true. farmers are grumbling loudly here because of the lack of rain. let them grumble. after the annoyingly high amount of rain we got in july that left our area looking like a lake district, i am so happy to have had this long sunny spell.

some people just always need a reason to complain i guess.

suzanne
Old September 2nd, 2002, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

We've got the opposite here in Southern California -- 99 yesterday *with* (oddly enough) humidity.

Needless to say, I've been kissing my central air conditioning. (Which leads to a minor rant from me -- half of the homes in our neighborhood have a/c but it seemed like we were the only ones running it -- what does it take for people to finally say they will spend the money for the electric bill??? Ya know, I may buy generic macaroni and cheese, but I will spend the money for a/c!)

Harry
Old September 2nd, 2002, 11:07 AM
TomS

I love the line on page 6 of the Carnival Shore Excursions (Eastern and Western Caribbean) brochure that says, "Sometimes the weather does not realize that our guests are on vacation and subsequently forgets to cooperate."

TomS
Old September 2nd, 2002, 12:09 PM
Passenger

It's 10 AM, 85 degrees and climbing here in the suburbs of San Diego and we just put the air-conditioner on!! We could use some rain but as with Murphy's Law, IF we are lucky it will rain tomorrow when everyone has to drive bumper to bumper to get to work. Most people out here can't drive in the rain! I say "bring it on"!

People must always have something to complain about, that's human life with ego.
Old September 2nd, 2002, 11:25 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Yes it has been raining every day now for over a week and the grass is growing again and my tired looking flowers have perked up again. It stayed dry long enough this afternoon to have a cookout after we mowed the grass. Auguste
Old September 3rd, 2002, 10:45 AM
Yeoman

Hi: AR....sounds like a giggle at your place. Me? I love brown grass...had to lay the gardener off. Oh well....she has to start school on Wed anyway. Bob
Old September 3rd, 2002, 06:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Kinda reminds me of when we owned a small resort here on the coast of Maine. When the weather was bad, the guests would blame me. When the weather was good, they brought it with them. It's a no win situation.
Old September 4th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Passenger

We in North Carolina have been praying for rain for months now and we finally got some last week, still not enough to get us off mandatory water restrictions, but it was nice to have rain all week. This year's drought is the longest we've had and with temps in the 90's and high humidity, everything was brown or dead until the rains came!

Emerald Seas 1990, 1991
Dolphin 1992
Fantasy 1996
Soveriegn of the Seas 1998, 2000
Norway 2001
Century 2002