Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2002, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Who's Cruising Soon?

Hi everyone...
I'm leaving Thursday for the Fantasy, and bursting with anticipation! It'll be hard to get any work done today and tomorrow.
So who else is off this week? Kuki is in Europe; Donna is in Alaska; Thomas and Mrs. Thomas are on the SOS; Robocop is on his way to the Legend...
Let's hear from everyone who's cruising soon! How excited are you?
Oh, and let's all cross our fingers that the hurricanes and tropical storms out there will decide to head into uncharted waters and dissipate!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Post Edited (09-03-02 12:19)
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2002, 05:45 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Who's Cruising Soon?

Michelle I can feel your energy & excitement coming thru the web! I am so jealous!! I don't leave for another 49 days. I probably will be just like you right before leave.

Have a wonderful time!

Judee
Old September 3rd, 2002, 05:52 PM
Yeoman

I am! I am!!

I just can't wait!! We fly out on Fri. the 13th for Orlando. We'll stay there over night at the Radisson and leave on the 14th on the Pride.
I keep looking over and over the brochures and our website of the Pride for our date. It's all I think about! I'm praying though we get our docs! They got lost in route to us. So they had to reprint them. Should be here in the next few days.

There's one question though I was thinking of posting. You know how it was when you were a kid at Christmas time and you've opened all your presents? It was a let down when it was all over. I'm afraid I'll be bummed when I get home. All the anticipation and planning that went into it and it's over. What do you all do afterwards to keep from getting so bummed??? Plan another one??

Well Michelle, have a wonderful time! I can tell you're just as excited as we are. We're celebrating our 20th anniversary. That's on Sep. 11th! yuck..but the cruise will help make up for it. Not going to let that get me down.

Laura
Old September 3rd, 2002, 08:42 PM
BoozeBabe

My T-Minus is 12 days to the Grand Princess.
Old September 3rd, 2002, 08:56 PM
Admiral

We're don't have anything booked until Novemeber 2003! But at least it's booked! I'm sure I'll have to find something to fill in between now and then, although we do have tentative plans for a land vacation in the spring and Costa Rica next summer. But it takes a lot of land vacations to add up to one cruise!! !
jennifer
Old September 3rd, 2002, 10:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

11 More Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New England/Canada on the Golden Princess. We booked this in July 2001, so it's been a LOOOOOOOOG countdown. I finally started to make lists and get the forgetables together (In the BIG totebag) this past weekend. This weekend will be spent getting everything else together! I just about squeal when the luggage comes out of the attic......it's right up there with the Doc Dance in excitement!! I know I'm a bit crazed right now!!

Take care, All!
Jaime
Old September 4th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Admiral

I'm cruising "Soon" but this is the first time in my life that I have two cruises booked at the same time.....Golden for Thanksgiving and Brilliance next March. I can't wait.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 4th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Yeoman

Not cruising till next spring. Hey BIGSKY....to avid the let down from coming back from any vacaction I find it helps to take lots and lots of video. Then on those cold depresing days before your next cruise you can re-live the ones you took before. Have fun on your next cruise... Bob
PS: ML...you go girl. Two booked at one time.
Old September 4th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Bon Voyage Michelle. Have a wonderful time on your cruise. Don't worry about the storms, the Captain will steer clear of them.

Phyll
Old September 4th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Admiral

We will be cruising on Sept. 21st on the Century. Looking forward to a much needed vacation.
Cindy
Old September 4th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Have a good cruise, Michelle, and like Phyllbo said, don't worry too much about the weather. Just enjoy and have fun!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old September 4th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Passenger

We're not curising again till February and I am so ready! If you haven't been on the Fantasy before, you will love it.

Emerald Seas 1990, 1991
Dolphin 1992
Fantasy 1996
Soveriegn of the Seas 1998, 2000
Norway 2001
Century 2002
Old September 4th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Yeoman

Hey Bob!

Good idea! I think I need to get another battery for my camera since I can't recharge til we get back on board. And many pictures will be taken as well!
We are going next yr. to do the WDW/cruise combo with the kids. So I do have something to look forward to. But will pop in those videos or get out those albums. Nothing compares to a wonderful cruise!

Laura
8 more days til we fly out!
Old September 4th, 2002, 06:01 PM
susancruzs

Enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy! Hope the weather is wonderful and seas calm! :-)

I'm with Mary Lou on the Golden for T-time and the Brilliance for March!

BonVoyage! Susie
Old September 4th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Sharon66 Send a message via AIM to Sharon66 Send a message via MSN to Sharon66 Send a message via Yahoo to Sharon66

I will be cruising 5 weeks from Saturday on the Golden Princess seeing New England and Canada... Can hardly wait.
Jaime, have a great trip and let me know how it is ok?
Thanks,
Sharon

Old September 5th, 2002, 07:03 AM
First Mate

Don't cruise for another 125 days . Dawn Princess 1/03. Big cruise, grad. present from hubby. Have tentative plans for a girls weekend cruise with mom and friends (hers and mine) next October. Hubby and l have a land vacation to WDW in April. Then after that who knows.

As for getting bummed after a cruise, after our 2000 cruise, I was really bummed, but my very sweet husband (do I sound like a newlywed here? we have been married 10 years!!!) let me ramble about the cruise the entire 8hour trip home and then understood the rush for getting the pics developled. I totally agree with boomer on the video. It really helps. okay, I am rambling here..................
Old September 5th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Yeoman

Hi BigSky: Regarding not being able to recharge your battery. Why not? Take the video charger with you and a small "light stip". You can recharge and still get your curling iron ready or use a hair dryer. Have lots and lots of fun. Bob
Old September 5th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Shereen

Hi there , 11 of us girls are going on our first cruise to Alaska on Sept 21, on the Ocean Princess. I also can hardly contain myself , we booked the cruise in April of this year and got a really good rate. It has been a long countdown for us though. It is so nice to read about where everyone else is going also. I am so excited, I wonder what we will be like the day we finally get to go . Have a great trip everyone.

Shereen
Old September 5th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Yeoman

Hey Bob..

I meant that I couldn't recharge my battery until I got back on the ship. Don't think I could recharge it while on a ruins excursion. ha ha.. But I will have to recharge when we get back on.
I can't wait to go!! It's been way too long since we went on our last cruise. Won't go that long again!!

7 more days til we fly out!!
laura
Old September 13th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Who's Cruising Soon?

Hi,
We celebrated our 12th anniversary Sept 8 and our gift to each other is a cruise on the Destiny October 6, 2002. Cruising is the best isn't it? The cruise is also a birthday present for me (Sept 30) but don't tell anyone or they might get jealous.

As for filling the time after a cruise, the answer is, yes! plan another cruise. My wife and I took a cruise last year and this year and have to take a little time before our next one, but we are already in the planning stages for a cruise to Alaska for our 15th anniversary.

Hanging around these boards is also a great way to pass the days and months.

take care and have a great weekend!!