Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2002, 01:11 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne
Default guten abend!

here i am :0)

at around 7:30 this morning we lost power. turned out that the guy operating some sort of heavy machinery has even fewer brain cells than moi. although the main electricity cabel leading into the house is wrapped in BRIGHT orange tape, he *didnīt* see it while digging away and POOF! no power for us nor for the street. the electric company had to tear up our whole drive way and the street to repair everything. we wanted our driveway redone anyways and now we get to have it redone for free. ggg luckily no one was hurt. what a mess though. having power, etc. run underground is a wonderful thing but if something happens...what a mess. we have a brick driveway (7 meters wide) so now the front yard is covered with bricks that will all have to be relaid next week. i quickly ordered cobblestones so that the edges can be done in them. that will make a classy difference.

good news - went to the hospital this morning because my fingers were all swollen up again...they did an xray to see what the one bone was doing and itīs exactly where it should be. the straightening they dis yesterday did the trick. now i have a metal brace covered by a BRIGHT yellow cast. itīs a bit looser around the top of my hand to get rid of the vienna sausage finger look. if this works like they hope then no surgery. *bustinī a move*

on monday i start physical therapy. my goal: to be able to lug my nice red suitcases all by myself next march.

so...that was my day.

whatīs everyone else up to???

suzanne
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste
Default Re: guten abend!

More bad luck but look at the bright side, you save viele Euros since they have to do the work ha.
Hope the new cast will help and you have a better day tomorrow and that they get the maple planted right . Is it a red or silver maple?? Auguste