Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2002, 06:13 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne
Default einen wundersc÷nen samstag!

Guten morgen! a beautiful saturday to you!

it┤s been a busy saturday morning. i sat here in my office for a good hour trying to figure out my chat problem. thanks, marc, for the additional help. somehow i finally got it to work! yippee! funny how such a problem leaves you feeling cut off from the universe. lol

yard is looking good. the path around the house is now finished. now we will be able to walk around the house in the midst of winter without having to wear rubber boots. looks like the tall guy with the great shoulders (ggg) will be finished with the path leading up to the house in just a bit. next week our yard will be getting a huge drainage system, a ton of soil, fence put back in and then the last fixings to make our yard an actual yard. and then we are FINISHED!!! i will be so thrilled when things are done and we have a real yard. not that we didn┤t have one before but it was only temporary and a real distaster when the rain season started.

i actually got out of the house this morning. my neighbor wanted to goto a garden festival nearby and so i joined her. ordered a ton of plants from one local nursery and they will be delivered in two weeks. my neighbor was nice enough to volunteer to plant them for me then. the 65 euro i made from the gourds went towards plants...too bad for my cruise fund but i saved a lot by buying them there than waiting. it will also be nice to have the flower beds full of plants and not overgrown with weeds.

so, now you are all bored to death. you can wake up now!

hope you all have a good day.

suzanne
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Default Re: einen wundersc÷nen samstag!

Well, I am STILL awake. The coffee's hot and the miserable birds are warming up to chirp. Gosh, but I hate it when than happens.

Marc, you are a genius. Multiplicity thanks for figuring out the applet problem.

I ask advice. A (much) older cousin and wife are about to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I really don't know them at all.

Would two pounds of Godivas in that dandy gold box be an OK gift?

Old September 14th, 2002, 07:31 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne

pamda,
we once gave a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary 50 pralines in a gold plated bowl thingamabob that we had engraved withe their names, etc.. . i am terrible at wrapping presents so i had it wrapped with lots of gold ribbons. they loved it. the gold bowl thingamabob is probably in the back of a cabinet along with two dozen other not needed bowls but heck...it looked nice.

i┤d say go with the godiva. or maybe a gift certificate to a nice restaurant? or.....

hopefully you will get more ideas!

suzanne, who thinks coffee is a good idea right now, too.
Old September 14th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Good Saturday morning all. I just woke up which is very late for me...I'm still in a fog.
Suzanne, it sounds like you had a very productive day....good for you...but remember, Take it easy....we have cruising to do.
Pam, I'm worried about the Godiva idea....chances are one or both of the happy couple may have diabetes.....The wonderful chocolate might be too tempting. I think I'd stick with a gift certificate to their favorate restaurant.....you can always put it in a box and wrap it with gold.....just my thoughts on the idea.
And Kuki....WELCOME HOME. NOw it is time to think about our Thanksgiving Cruise!
Have a great weekend all.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 14th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

I'm flying home to Orlando today... there's a tropical storm directly between El Paso and Orlando, but I'm sure the pilots know how to go around these things. At least I connect in Houston, which is before we get to the storm, so I won't be delayed on my first flight (knocking on wood).

The business trip was a success, so I'm happy.

Pamda, I like the gift certificate idea in case one of them is diabetic. Gift certificates are one size fits all. If you know that neither of them is on a special diet, though, Godiva would be a great gift. mmmm, chocolate...

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Cheers,
Michelle

Old September 14th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: einen wundersc÷nen samstag!

TRY, HALLMARK they have all sorts of gifts for 50 year anniversary.GOOD LUCK NORMA
Old September 14th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Morning all

Waiting for my dh to get ready and then we're heading out for a nice cup of coffee and some breakfast. No rain here yet, but I guess it's on the way for later.

Suzanne, you sure sound busy. I can't wait to see pictures of your yard when you're ready to send some for us. What a nice neighbor you have to volunteer to plant for you.

Pam, I would go with the gift certificate too for the same reasons ML and Michelle gave.

Michelle, hope you get home through the storms today. Glad your buisness trip went so well.

Hope you all have a nice Saturday.

Phyll
Old September 14th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers. Guess what? It was cool enough at 8 am to open a window! This is early in the "fall" to be able to do that in central Texas. Duke, my German Shepherd loves it. He's resting his head on the window sill. The cows are mooing in the pasture across the street and there's a hot air balloon floating by that's causing a considerable stir with the local livestock.

A little housework, a lot of laundry, and an evening watching the UT Longhorn football game with friends just about wraps up my day.

You all have a good one too.
Old September 14th, 2002, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning Cruisemates. After a near normal sleep time I awoke and went upstairs to the buffet to grab my coffee but the upstairs was missing.

I've only had a tertiary look around, but the house is seeminly unharmed, and my car only has a few thousand more miles on it, so the boys were good.

The lumberyard called yesterday apparently, that the ordered door came in, so this week we'll get back to the renovations started just before our departure.