Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2002, 04:24 PM
oldmedic

Default Dive with Martin- cozumel

would appreciate any comments from divers that have used this service in Cozumel!
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2002, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dive with Martin- cozumel

I have used Dive With Martin. Their op is personable, small six pack boats, and convenient for cruisers.

I most recently used Papa Hogs and their op is similar. However, the air connector to my rented BC was faulty, and I ran out of air about 5 min into the dive. My buddy gave me his octopus, but the DM took over, and I was able to continue one of the BEST dives I ever had. Since DMs consume virtually no air, or so it seems, he had plenty for both of us. Then we came up short a tank for the second dive, and had to borrow one from another boat. This was done between dives, so it didn't really use any of our time.

Despite those problems, I would use them again, as I felt their staff was very experienced, and the dive was incredible.
Old September 19th, 2002, 08:51 AM
nelli

Default Re: Dive with Martin- cozumel

I have known Martin for years and did alot of my first dives with him before he had his own company. He was my dive buddy on alot of dives but that was about 10 years ago. Since then I have gone with him but only with a group no larger than four divers and Martin. He is extremely proffessional and his mantra must be "safety" he runs a very tight ship.He can come off as all buisness and seriousness, but is really a funny guy and easy going-If nobody is screwing around during the dives. Boats are fast, because he dives with a small group you can go to some really outstanding dive sites.I think he used to be one of only a few guys allowed to dive the north end of the island-saw many turtles,sharks coral,no people. I have never gone out with any of his divemasters, but like I said, he runs a tight ship with a ton of repeat buisness so I am assuming they must be just as good and proffessional.Hope this helps!
Old September 28th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Shannonh

Default Re: Re: Dive with Martin- cozumel

Do you have a website where I can contact Martin? My husband and I are scheduled to be in Cozumel on 12-18-02 and would like to dive.

Thanks!
Shannon