Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Default Upgrade Fairy!

Just got a call from our TA and we've been upgraded from an inside guarantee to an outside cabin! Dawn Princess, Nov. 30th - here we come! Only 65 more sleeps. I guess it helps to book early (in March)!!

Has anyone been on the Plaza deck of the Dawn Princess? I'm a little worried about how close to the front of the ship it is.

Terry & Ritchie
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Upgrade Fairy!

We've had a forward outside cabin on the Dawn. It was very comfortable and had little or no motion in the cabin. It was almost too calm for my taste. The room was not large but was quite adequate and well laid out. Have fun.
Old September 25th, 2002, 08:05 PM
First Mate

Last Jan. we went to the E.Carib on Explorer and had an international dinner table--4 from the US, a couple from England, and a couple from Canada. We keep in touch via e-mail. The man from Canada is a cruise TA and sent me this message yesterday:

"I had some extremely lucky clients leave for a 10 day cruise yesterday on the Dawn Princess. They are going from Vancouver to Hawaii, then around the islands. They had bought a balcony cabin in Cat. BD. I had requested a complimentary upgrade for them and they got moved up to a full suite, Cat. AA. There is over 500 sq. ft. of floor space. They have a butler and the whole works. They are a very nice couple and I don't know who was more thrilled--them or me. This sort of thing doesn't happen too often, but it is great when it does."

Wow!! Sounds like the upgrade fairy had some help!!
Old September 26th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Happy Camper

The TA put in a request for a complimentary upgrade - I wonder if the TAs that I used ever did that. I wonder if most do? Maybe that is why many of us don't get upgrades... Just a thought. Debbie Congrats on the upgrade!!! Debbie
Old September 26th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Auguste

Mine told me it was up to the cruiseline Auguste