Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2002, 04:49 PM
Salem5050

Default E Tickets

What exactly are they and do they make it faster to get on flights?
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2002, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: E Tickets

Hi Salem,

E ticket is an electronic ticket, the information is stored in the airlines computer reservation system. Paper tickets from most airlines have an extra charge to the passenger.

Does it help to get on faster, not really. You can with a lot of airlines use your own computer to print out your boarding pass 24 hours prior with the confirmation number. E-ticket info is normally sent to the passenger by e-mail or fax with your itinerary and seat assignments.
You can also check on the airlines web site with the confirmation number to see if there are any changes.

Of course you still have to check your luggage which can be done outside then head straight to the gate passing up the ticket counter check in, that does speed up things and not have to stand in line with all the others.

Old October 1st, 2002, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Salem,
I recently used e-tickets for the first time a few weeks ago and only real difference is that I printed out my conformation and just had that along with the credit card bill that I used, plus the actual credit card I used. They didn't need any of that, we just gave them out name when we went to check in and they asked for our passports for identification and that was it, we were on our way! I also did call the airlines prior to the flight, just to double check and we already had some good seat assignments, so I didn't even need to do that, it was done for me.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 1st, 2002, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Salem,
some of the airlines have computers near the check in counter. You just scan a credit card and the machine gives you a boarding pass. Then you wait for someone behind the counter to call your name and give them your checked luggage. It's a little faster than standing in regular lines, but if you can get the boarding passes the day before on your own computer, then Y2C's suggestion seems to work best.

Phyll

Old October 2nd, 2002, 08:31 AM
TomS

E-tickets replace old-fashioned airline tickets. Instead of getting an old-fashioned ticket. you get a printed itenerary on standard paper. Airlines like this because it reduces cost to them of the special stock they used for tickets.

TomS
Old October 3rd, 2002, 05:05 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: E Tickets

American and United will be eliminating paper tickets, domestic tickets this year and international next year. Now they have to figure out what to do if one of their flights is cancelled and the only option is to change airlines like what happened on our European cruise a couple of years ago.

Carole