CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Booked & Booked .... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/261710-booked-booked.html)

pamda October 10th, 2002 05:19 PM

Booked & Booked ....

Nope, no echo in here.

Since Queeg and I were already going to be in Miami cruising to nowhere on the Constellation next month, we figured we might as well go SOMEWHERE so we're picking up the Mercury the next day for a 7-day Western.

Putting on my Queen LaCheapa outfit, I have been having great fun looking at funky hotels in SoBe for the overnight. Any suggestions? Just so long as I am bigger than the palmetto bugs, I will be fine :) I figure we don't need the Delano for this outing. Though it WOULD be sweet.

After 13 Celeb cruises, this will be our first time on a Century-class ship. Even at this late date, we totally lucked out with a great balcony cabin dead amidships. If the Upgrade Fairy happens to fly by, fine. If not, we're totally content with our choice.

We're excited about sampling the Constellation after sailing on Millie and Summit. And it will be our sixth sail with Georges Pangiotakis as Master. At least that's what he told me on Summit during the LGL cruise.

I'm eager to see the decor after Kuki's comments. It seems like each younger sister down the line gets a little bit friskier, both on Celebrity and HAL. I shall take MANY photographs.

Which reminds me to buy a new digicam after the unpleasantness in Montreal.

Because it's an itinerary we know well, our plan is to search out some off-the-wall things to do rather than the usual. Now, where's that countdown clock software?

I must add that there is NO SUBSTITUTE for a good TA.

Angela Z. October 10th, 2002 05:22 PM

Re: Booked & Booked ....

Muy congrats on the back to backs!
Angela Z.

Phyllbo October 10th, 2002 05:47 PM

Congratulations Pam !!!!

You've been on dry land way too long.

Phyll

Kuki October 10th, 2002 05:51 PM

Hey Pam.. sounds like fun! May be hard for you to board the Constellation though... right now she seems to be stuck in Spain.. LOL

We sailed on Mercury a couple of years back, and I really like the ship!!
I've seen some amazing price on her for this month and next, and was going to take Kuki Jr on her for his 21st birthday.. but being in college he didn't want to take the whole week off.. so for us it's off to Vegas for 4 days.

You should think about staying in Florida post cruise and come to the CruiseMates Bash at the Marriott on Nov. 22. Mrs. Kuki and I get in Nov. 21.

Lisa October 10th, 2002 06:02 PM

Well, Pamda - all I can say is congratulations!!! Two booked!

Thomas October 10th, 2002 06:36 PM

Cousin Pamda,

Take me.......................take me.........................puhleeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!!! !

Regards,
Thomas

mbuckellew October 10th, 2002 06:45 PM

Sounds wonderful, Pamda! Congrats on the TWO cruises!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

susancruzs October 10th, 2002 07:27 PM

Sounds great! I'll be anxious to hear about the Constellation, too as I wasn't too keen on the Summit! I second Kuki's idea, I'll be in Miami on the 22nd for the Golden trip!

Enjoy! Susie

suzanne October 10th, 2002 08:21 PM

woooooo hoooooooo! pamda is going to be cruising! i like your kind of echo. sounds like you two are going to be having some definite fun!

suzanne

Chuck Palm October 10th, 2002 10:05 PM

You should like the Mercury. Ask to eat upstairs. It really is quite nice up there with a great view of that beautiful dining room.

The balcony doors are awkward the way they open but if you are a contortionist you can make the patio work for two people.

I just saw her (the Mercury) when we were in port in SFO. She looks to be in great shape and the people on board seemed pretty content. Have fun!

Jacqueline October 11th, 2002 03:02 AM

Geez Pamda, sounds you two gonna have a great time. Enjoy it after working so hard on the birth of your book!

Rick October 11th, 2002 08:29 AM

Have a great time!!!!!!!

Boomer October 11th, 2002 08:41 AM

Congrats, Pamda. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on SoBe. Got it on Travelocity at $50.00 per night. We considered the quaint ones right in the heart of the SoBe but decided that the price did not justify it. Have fun. Bob

Mermaid October 11th, 2002 09:09 AM

Congratulations Pamda on the BTBs! I agree with the others, the Mercury is beautiful. I was docked along side her in Coz one time and recorded some nice footage.

And here's an off the beaten path hotel for you to check out. It was really quite comfortable with just the right about of funk. However, there is ONLY availability on November 22. hint,hint

I just love SoBe.
http://info.citybase.com/destination...s/lobby1_s.jpg
Indian Creek Hotel facing beautiful Indian Creek with Atlantic Ocean only one short block away... it's ideally situated in the heart of Miami Beach's Art Deco District. Built in 1936, this fully restored 61 room hotel blends the charm of its past with all of today's modern conveniences. Restored to its original luster, Indian Creek Hotel brings to life the charm of a small European hotel with the coziness of a Grand Key West Guest House.

(The "heart of Miami Beach's Art Deco District" location claim is a bit of a stretch. Even for Spiderman.)

Cindy October 11th, 2002 09:58 AM

Pam...If you and Queeg are sailing on the Nov. 12 - 14 "cruise to nowhere" on the Constellation, you will probably bump into me and Grannynanny (Nancy) on the ship. Would be great to see you again. (We are also doing a 2-nighter on Carnival's Legend on Nov. 8 - 10). Both are sailing from Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades). Very convenient for us.
Cindy

April October 11th, 2002 11:28 AM

Great news-- hope all is well to on the home front too.
Cheers to you and the Captain--
April

CruiseAholic October 11th, 2002 11:33 AM

OK, Pamda, I now officially DO NOT LIKE you anymore and have disinherited you as a Twin!

I'm so jealous.......You'll love the Mercury.

L8inAZ October 11th, 2002 01:56 PM

2 cruises booked, I envy you. Enjoy every minute of them............