Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Passenger

Default Ever had to make a claim on your travel insurance???

I lost one of my garment bags on our cruise in Sept. It was the bag with all of our formal clothes for dinners. Luckily it was lost at the end of the cruise. Anyway, making a claim on my travel insurance has proved to be a huge pain!! The insurance company has basically not been very helpful or straight forward about explaining to me what information they need to settle this claim. The Customer Service at this company is horrible!! I could go into a lengthy explanation but I don't want this post to get too long. Anyway, can anyone share with me their experience of try to make a claim on their travel insurance?????

Thanks
Shelly

PS Am I allowed to say the name of the company??? I would like to warn others.
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Ever had to make a claim on your travel insurance???

I recently made a claim through Access America for a cruise that I cancelled 9 months ago due to my mom having bypass surgery. We cancelled the cruise 1-2 weeks before we were supposed to leave. I had a year to submit the paperwork and literally waited until the last minute.

I dreaded filing the paperwork because it seemed like they wanted a lot. I spent an afternoon gathering the information they wanted and submitted it thinking I would get a letter saying "I was missing XYandZ". Boy was I surprised that Access America cut us a check 10 days after receiving my paperwork. In just over 2 weeks after sending everything in, I had 2 checks covering the cruise and the air.

Kudos to Access America. They have my business in the future.
Old October 16th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Yeoman

My garment bag with my gowns in it is one bag that never leaves my side. Always carry it on and off the ship!
Old October 16th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Passenger

We had to cancel a cruise just 3 days before sailing due to father-in laws death which was unexpected.

Number 1 reason given to not pay was that it was a pre diagnosisis, not related and was not included. After several months an agreement was reached and we were paid in full except for the cost of the policy.

We have used Access America since that time. Not the insurance we had before.

When you are grieving is not the time to have to agrue a case.