Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2002, 06:38 PM
First Mate

Default I found that site that shows groups...

http://www.groupsahoy.com/group_listings.htm

Very interesting group info! Now you can plan AROUND the yoga cruises.

Denise
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: I found that site that shows groups...

Wow Denise,
Great site,

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 16th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Passenger

OMG what a hoot that site is!!!! I'll be in there all the time just for the entertainment of it!!! Thanks for the info Denise. I am still laughing at a cruise booked same time we are going...same itinerary...fortunatly different cruise line
Old October 17th, 2002, 07:49 AM
First Mate

no groups on or cruise!
Old October 17th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Denise... I am a bit suspicious about that site. The holders of group space is a list tightly held by the cruise lines for obvious reasons. I don't think what's listed there represents even 1/2 of 1% of group space held on those sailings. I don't know, but I'd guess that the site contacts agencies and offers to list their group space on the site for a fee. That may be why I see the same agencies again and again.

Ernie
Old October 17th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Thanks Denise, glad you found the site!

Even though it may not be representative of all the groups, Ernie, I still see a few sailings I would want to avoid, and a few it might be interesting to crash!

Wonder if Robo will be on the Law Enforcement / Emergency Personnel "Lights and Sirens" Cruise on the Conquest 9/14/03?

No groups on my upcoming Millennium sailing... but I missed the Kosher cruise by two weeks! That might have meant some interesting menu items!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Fantasy Fest in Key West

Old October 17th, 2002, 08:23 AM
First Mate

Ernie, you're right. It says on the web site that those are only groups posted by agents, which is why the CM Thanksgiving cruise is wrong--the agent probably forgot to send in the correction. I'm sure it's by NO means a complete list.

But, it's better than nothing. I wouldn't have known there's a slot tournament group on my cruise. Not that it matters, and strangely enough the cost of my cruise was a lot less than what the group is offering or I might be tempted to play some slots!

Denise
Old October 17th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Dean Renner

Default Re: Re: I found that site that shows groups...

This discussion brings up another question.......

Why are group sailings proprietary information that the cruise lines won't release? If the cruise lines are reluctant to release this information for fear that fewer passengers will book these cruises, and then passengers who would rather avoid large groups end up on a group cruise, wouldn't this situation also create unhappy customers?

In my view, it's better to be up front with potential passengers about any group sailings, and avoid any nasty surprises. I believe that this kind of customer service, while it may decrease revenues for one particular cruise, creates happier passengers in the long run. And happier passengers make for greater revenues in the future.

Just my thoughts,

Dean
Old October 17th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: I found that site that shows groups...

Dean... the chances are you have never been on a sailing that did not have dozens and dozens of groups on board. More often than not, the group members have no clue that they are part of a group. Most t/a's who do any kind of cruise volume book primarily into group space. Yes... there are frequently large groups on board, but the vast majority of groups on most lines are in the dozens of cabins.