Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2002, 10:42 PM
Hugger

Default Cruise Connection Bus 11-9-02 in FL

Anyone else taking the Cruise Connection bus on the 9th of November out of Palm Harbor or Clearwater FL???
From what I understand they have closed the Denny's in Clearwater and have added stops in New Port Richey and Palm Harbor. However, when I tried to change our pick up to Palm Harbor was told by T.A. I couldn't do it and by Princess I could. However, makes me nervous as Princess says to just show up there. I don't like that as what if they aren't stopping in Palm Harbor - then we've missed the Clearwater bus if it does indeed go out of the closed Denny's location.
Wondering if anyone else has taken the cruise connection lately or if they are going on the 9th of Nov.
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2002, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Cruise Connection Bus 11-9-02 in FL

Call cruise connection and inform them.. They have your name from your TA and Princess and it's just a matter of changing it with the bus company.

www.cruise-connection.com
Old October 21st, 2002, 12:26 PM
Hugger

Thanks Beachmom
Sounds as if you live in the FL area too
My TA is working on the stiuation - I have also contacted Cruise Connection - so far they haven't been able to give me answer. I think it will be resolved soon though.
Old October 21st, 2002, 06:05 PM
Passenger

Hey Hugger,

Great name.

Please let us know how it works out for future information.

Thanks
Old October 22nd, 2002, 10:09 AM
Hugger

Will do - our T.A. worked out the problem for us with Princess - we are now suppose to be okay to pick up in our home town of Palm Harbor. YEAH - get to sleep an hour longer

We did use the bus 2 yrs ago to Port Canaveral it was terrific. At that time RCL paid the fee entirely. Princess is charging 25.00 to go to Ft Lauderdale - well worth it though - as the parking and gas would be more than that. Not to mention the hassle of figuring out where to go etc. This way you can watch a movie, take a nap, meet fellow cruiser's etc.

My cousin's took the bus from Clearwater last March to Lauderdale - it worked out great - they left at 5:50 a.m. and were on the ship -settled in their cabin and back off to make a phone call by 11 a.m.

Nice to be able to get their early and find your way around the ship before the crowd arrives.
I'll let you know how it goes this time - I'd highly recommend it so far though.
Old October 23rd, 2002, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Cruise Connection Bus 11-9-02 in FL

Can;t understand it.... we are paying $45 per person for a transfer on Cruise Connection in December to Miami... whats going on....??? Barbara.
Old October 24th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Passenger

Either the TA is picking up some of the fee or Princess is giving a deal.

Ask your TA to check on the price again and tell him/her what you have learned.
Old October 24th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Hugger

It seems that each cruise line offer's a different deal on the cruise connection bus. RCCL didn't charge us anything 2 yrs ago. However, that was before the increase in gas too.